The Student Room Group

Bath, Warwick Mechanical / industrial engineering foundation?

I’m interested in doing a form of engineering- love the sounds of Bath and Warwick but am a grade below entry. I have AAA but need A*AA. I heard Loughborough is good for engineering/ industrial design and Brunel, (Sheffield?) but am not really sure because they’re not Russel groups and I haven’t heard of them before. Bath offers a foundation year( don’t know about Warwick ).

What would be the best for me to do?
I am super creative but am trying to decide between civil, mechanical, material and Industrial engineering/design.

Alternatively I was looking at Glasgow (gsa and uog joint) for product design engineering and UAL for product design (but is non scientific so I think I’d want it to be more engineering focused?)

Does anyone have any insight on this?
Reply 1
University of Bath and Loughborough are very very good for engineering and that includes mechanical engineering. They are not Russell group but a lot of engineering employers regard them very highly. If you want to go into engineering after you graduate then they are good choices. I don’t know how good they are for industrial engineering though.
Reply 2
If you're interested in engineering, Bath, and Warwick are great choices. However, if you don't meet the entry requirements, Loughborough and Brunel are also good options. Don't worry about them not being in the Russell Group; they still have strong engineering programs. For your creative side, product design engineering at Glasgow or product design at UAL could be a good fit.
Original post by Char, 6th form
I’m interested in doing a form of engineering- love the sounds of Bath and Warwick but am a grade below entry. I have AAA but need A*AA. I heard Loughborough is good for engineering/ industrial design and Brunel, (Sheffield?) but am not really sure because they’re not Russel groups and I haven’t heard of them before. Bath offers a foundation year( don’t know about Warwick ).

What would be the best for me to do?
I am super creative but am trying to decide between civil, mechanical, material and Industrial engineering/design.

Alternatively I was looking at Glasgow (gsa and uog joint) for product design engineering and UAL for product design (but is non scientific so I think I’d want it to be more engineering focused?)

Does anyone have any insight on this?

Hi @Char, 6th form,

Great to hear from you :smile:

I noticed that you mentioned Loughborough, so I wanted to say you can find all of our engineering courses here.

You can also find out more about engineering at Loughborough here.

If you have any questions about Loughborough, let us know.

- Lindsay
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest