The Student Room Group

How long it usually takes to process an identity evidence?

I have submitted an application to a Master’s Loan on 24/06/2020.

I've sent my Portuguese passport to SFE as proof of my EU identity and it was sent back to me on 07/07/2020.
But on 09/07/2020 was sent a letter to my address asking for original documents again (valid passport or valid National Identity Card).
My SFE home page still asks for evidence. Do you know how long it usually takes to process a candidate's identity? Might this letter be an error?

It also asks for payment details. As a Portuguese national, I don't have yet a UK bank account but I'll take care of that as soon as I arrive in the UK. Will my application not be processed until I get all those things done?
I was provided with this information: "as an EU National, you only need to send your original ID. We don't need a National Insurance Number and you can provide your bank details in the future, when you arrive in the UK."

But still don't understand when I'll get the result for my application.
Reply 1
Original post by rakinus
I have submitted an application to a Master’s Loan on 24/06/2020.

I've sent my Portuguese passport to SFE as proof of my EU identity and it was sent back to me on 07/07/2020.
But on 09/07/2020 was sent a letter to my address asking for original documents again (valid passport or valid National Identity Card).
My SFE home page still asks for evidence. Do you know how long it usually takes to process a candidate's identity? Might this letter be an error?

It also asks for payment details. As a Portuguese national, I don't have yet a UK bank account but I'll take care of that as soon as I arrive in the UK. Will my application not be processed until I get all those things done?
I was provided with this information: "as an EU National, you only need to send your original ID. We don't need a National Insurance Number and you can provide your bank details in the future, when you arrive in the UK."

But still don't understand when I'll get the result for my application.

Have you tried calling them. 0300 100 0607 (from their .gov website). Sorry if this isn't any help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending