I’m very lonely and have no friends... I’m only 18

Watch
narsy081
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello. I’m an 18 year old who has no friends. I need help to deal with loneliness as such a young age. What should I do?
chloeebrown09
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
try to talk to a therapist
bambs123
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I would join some clubs and sports if I were you (obviously when current climate allows for that to happen). It’s a great way to keep busy and meet new people! I was in a similar position when I was 15/16 and I found that putting myself out there had such tremendous benefits and I’ve got a good group around me now as a result. It can be nerve-racking at first but it’s definitely worth it.
narsy081
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by bambs123)
I would join some clubs and sports if I were you (obviously when current climate allows for that to happen). It’s a great way to keep busy and meet new people! I was in a similar position when I was 15/16 and I found that putting myself out there had such tremendous benefits and I’ve got a good group around me now as a result. It can be nerve-racking at first but it’s definitely worth it.
I’m going to try this at university. But glad to say that it has worked out for you. I was in a couple of abusive friendships and I felt happier to be alone than suffer with people who didn’t even treat me with respect.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (142)
37.08%
Take autumn exams (121)
31.59%
Look for a job (12)
3.13%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.44%
Take a year out (67)
17.49%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (24)
6.27%

Watched Threads