should i let the lectures know they will need to write references for me?

Watch
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by jackien1)
You sound so entitled and rude.
Will you pop round and clean my car for me tomorrow ? Ok you don’t know me and you won’t get anything out of the deal and soz but my car looked dirty 3 weeks ago but I just decided I need to impress my new boss so I need it done sharpish. Oh, and I don’t care if you were planning to do anything important with this time or that this will never appear as one of your work outputs or help with your promotion or career development because I have no idea what your job entails and don’t really care.

Ok, now replace “clean car” with “write reference” and notice the lack of “please”.
jackien1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Mr Wednesday)
Will you pop round and clean my car for me tomorrow ? Ok you don’t know me and you won’t get anything out of the deal and soz but my car looked dirty 3 weeks ago but I just decided I need to impress my new boss so I need it done sharpish. Oh, and I don’t care if you were planning to do anything important with this time or that this will never appear as one of your work outputs or help with your promotion or career development because I have no idea what your job entails and don’t really care.

Ok, now replace “clean car” with “write reference” and notice the lack of “please”.
Nah, it's not even 'will you pop round and clean my car for me tomorrow?' OP just went straight to 'I need you to clean my car for me tomorrow, no ifs, ands, or buts.'
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (126)
24.09%
Better than expected (113)
21.61%
Worse than expected (284)
54.3%

Watched Threads