Want more information about this university?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
What can I do? I had a chance to study at a university in the UK, after I failed a module in the first year due to a coursework failure, I was asked to repeat the year. I did repeat the year and my results came out today, I failed. I don’t know what to do but I really tried my best, maybe I was lazy sometimes but I really did my best. Any advice? Oh yeah I’m an international student.
Kayrovsky
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I am sorry to hear about your experience. Keep in mind though that it is not the end of everything, you have some options ahead (speaking from experience)

I) You can choose to study another subject. Maybe something that is not in the same field even, but somehow related. That way, you can choose a study subject more fit for your capabilities (and I don't mean something easier, but for example a textual programme rather than numerical or vice versa etc..) and once done, you can do a Master's on the field that you wish to actually work in.

II) It could also be the University that you are currently studying at that may be the problem in the equation. Many times, millions of students who are academically capable ended up failing during their studies. If this is the case for you, try switching universities. If your overall sixth-form grades are lower than average, try applying to Dutch universities. Their entry requirements are very lenient, and the study format is very different to that in the U.K. so you may have a big chance there.

(Try to avoid Maastricht University though)

Best of Luck !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (38)
23.9%
Better than expected (35)
22.01%
Worse than expected (86)
54.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed