jammypop101
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
can i apply to uni after my A level results without making a previous application in Sept-January and without taking a gap year? would this be through clearing and would this affect accommodation or student finance at my chosen uni?
emiloujess
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by jammypop101)
can i apply to uni after my A level results without making a previous application in Sept-January and without taking a gap year? would this be through clearing and would this affect accommodation or student finance at my chosen uni?
Assuming I have read you correctly - you wish to apply for university for 2020 entry but have not yet completed an application?

Yes you would be put straight into Clearing. I would advise getting the application done before results day so you have your results and clearing number on hand. If you only make a UCAS application once you have your results you could be delayed days which means you might miss out on a place. As for accommodation, many unis offer guaranteed accommodation to all first year undergrads regardless of whether they came through Clearing, so you should look up each of your prospective unis' policies on clearing accommodation.

I am not sure about student finance but there may be someone else who can help with that
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by jammypop101)
Yes- it would be best to start making the application now, though.

It would be through clearing, and this might mean you have less choice of accommodation or you're not able to get uni accommodation. You could apply for student finance as normal, but it might be a bit late coming through.
jammypop101
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by emiloujess)
Assuming I have read you correctly - you wish to apply for university for 2020 entry but have not yet completed an application?

Yes you would be put straight into Clearing. I would advise getting the application done before results day so you have your results and clearing number on hand. If you only make a UCAS application once you have your results you could be delayed days which means you might miss out on a place. As for accommodation, many unis offer guaranteed accommodation to all first year undergrads regardless of whether they came through Clearing, so you should look up each of your prospective unis' policies on clearing accommodation.

I am not sure about student finance but there may be someone else who can help with that
i am a 2021 applicant and instead of taking a gap year i want to apply after the january deadline so i have time to work on my personal statement. so would i have to apply through clearing (when ive made no previous applications)?
if i apply like that as i mentioned, do i put my predicited grades down as for results day is in august?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (711)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (895)
42.74%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (395)
18.86%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.44%

Watched Threads