Student Finance Postgrad (Moved from England to Scotland between courses)

Watch
SideDeliverer
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
So I have completed a degree at Dundee all the while my home address has been in England, as such I took a loan out of Student Finance England. But I am now enrolled on a postgrad course at Birkbeck while my home address is in Scotland, which would entitle me to SAAS rather than Student Finance England.

I know that if you take postgrad immediately after undergrad you take a loan out of the same company you had for undergrad, but Student Finance England just ask me where my residence is (Scotland) and links me to SAAS to make an application. On top of all this, my application for SAAS Fees and Loan seems to be endlessly in 'Claimed' limbo. I fulfil both criteria for being a UK resident for 3 years and a Scotland resident from the '1st of August'.

I know this is a very particular issue but it is causing me a lot of worry. Any help would be appreciated.
NeroliTenzing
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Yeah, you're in limbo. Fill in a paper application with Student Finance England for postgrad, with a cover letter explaining. Include your CRN, sign and date it dd/mm/yyyy. Should cover you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (193)
33.16%
Receiving them online / by email (291)
50%
I still don't know (98)
16.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed