Went through no entry sign twice as its hidden

Watch
abbie-compton02
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hi, I use the same car park all the time for work and never knew it was one way as I only ever really park right at the entrance, however its been really busy the past few days so I've had to go to the other side. I went through a 'junction' to get to a row of empty spaces on both Sunday and Tuesday (yesterday) and it was yesterday I realised it was one way, the sign is hard to see driving up as its facing the opposite way so you can't really see it at all. There is CCTV in that car park as it is owned by the council.

Obviously I did not do this on purpose, nor would I have done it if I could see the signs properly on the way round, so please refrain from any sarcastic comments. My question is, will I get a FPN through the post? If I did I know it would be 6 points as I did it twice which means I would have my licence revoked as I only passed just over a year ago.

This is in Daventry Northamptonshire if that makes any difference?

Thanks
Advertisement
Dublin Boii
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
If you do receive something through the post, OP, then get on to http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30 and post up the PCN. Someone on there will be able to assist you.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I'm fairly certain you'll be fine, but it might be worth taking photos of the signage anyway and sending it to the council if it's hard to see, as it could actually be dangerous if others miss it too!
Advertisement
abbie-compton02
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dublin Boii)
If you do receive something through the post, OP, then get on to http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30 and post up the PCN. Someone on there will be able to assist you.
Ahh I completely forgot about that website, thank you!
Dublin Boii
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by abbie-compton02)
Ahh I completely forgot about that website, thank you!
No problem and best wishes.
Advertisement
abbie-compton02
Rep:
?
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
I'm fairly certain you'll be fine, but it might be worth taking photos of the signage anyway and sending it to the council if it's hard to see, as it could actually be dangerous if others miss it too!
I hope so!! I definitely will take some photos when I'm next there, I never even knew there were signs there its that hard to see!
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by abbie-compton02)
Hi, I use the same car park all the time for work and never knew it was one way as I only ever really park right at the entrance, however its been really busy the past few days so I've had to go to the other side. I went through a 'junction' to get to a row of empty spaces on both Sunday and Tuesday (yesterday) and it was yesterday I realised it was one way, the sign is hard to see driving up as its facing the opposite way so you can't really see it at all. There is CCTV in that car park as it is owned by the council.

Obviously I did not do this on purpose, nor would I have done it if I could see the signs properly on the way round, so please refrain from any sarcastic comments. My question is, will I get a FPN through the post? If I did I know it would be 6 points as I did it twice which means I would have my licence revoked as I only passed just over a year ago.

This is in Daventry Northamptonshire if that makes any difference?

Thanks
This is literally nothing to worry about. The 'no-entry' signs are in no way comparable to a no-entry road sign, and there is 0% chance you would get a FPN for this, or indeed any sort of action against you. Those signs are more to do with traffic management in and around the carpark.
Advertisement
abbie-compton02
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)
This is literally nothing to worry about. The 'no-entry' signs are in no way comparable to a no-entry road sign, and there is 0% chance you would get a FPN for this, or indeed any sort of action against you. Those signs are more to do with traffic management in and around the carpark.
Great thank you so much!!
FRS500
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
You'll be absolutely fine OP. Don't sweat!
Advertisement
abbie-compton02
Rep:
?
(Original post by FRS500)
You'll be absolutely fine OP. Don't sweat!
I do hope so ahah, I tend to get very nervous and overthink these things aha!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (28)
18.3%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (43)
28.1%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (82)
53.59%

Watched Threads