Is it possible to enrol in IB as late as in the grade 12? Watch

IuliusVirRomanus
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Here, by grade 12 I'm refering to the second year of the study in IBDP. (Of course, grades 9-11 completed in the national course.)
Teddy>you
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I would STRONGLY advise you not to do that. I doubt a school would even let you do that unless they're dumb.
Agneisse
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
In theory, yes, but in practice it is so difficult (3HLs + 3SLs + EE + CAS + TOK + IAs) that even if a school let you do it, you would go crazy in the process. The sheer amount of work that has to be done (not too difficult, just very time-consuming if crammed into one academic year) is insane.
IuliusVirRomanus
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
yadda it then...

So actually I would have to take extra classes to make up for everything from before??
k4di3
Report 10 years ago
in my school if u come in yr 13 (2nd year of IB) they will put u into yr 12 so u can start from the beginning. That means u will be 1 year older than the others but its better than cramming...
Rainfaery
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I can't see how it would be possible. There's just too much work, just by the number of hours each class needs to be taught.

Oh gosh, it's frightening just to think of trying to cram it into one year.
Ang|ophi|e
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Two years of IB is scary enough with all the course work, I can only imagine doing it all in one! I knew a kid who did take some IB classes in his last year, but he was in IA.
jc_bach
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
we even extra lessons in our study leave befor exams, even we studied for 2 years. Thiis shows there's lots of content to cover in the IB, and also include IAs, EE and TOK.
AEllie
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by IuliusVirRomanus)
Here, by grade 12 I'm refering to the second year of the study in IBDP. (Of course, grades 9-11 completed in the national course.)
I started IB half way through Year 11 in my second language and it worked pretty well. If u just wanna do the last year you have to work really hard though and your results may not be as good as they could. Maybe just repeat year eleven and get a high IB score to get into a good uni
09kiwigrad
Report 10 years ago
it depends on the school and if the curriculum that you were doing before was similar or not. And it is possible to do it in one year anyway...I think. Some schools make you do certain subjects in one year anyway, so yeah. Otherwise you could go to a school that does the examinations in November and like that you would have 1.5 years to do it and not be too old when you finish. Just to reassure you, if yo do decide to start from the beginning, at my school there are 20 year olds in year 11 (our school goes up to year 13).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (140)
46.51%
Pro-humanity (161)
53.49%