Anyone else had a problem with Marmalade black boxes connecting

Watch
Neverspark776
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I cannot get it to connect to my phone no matter what I do. I have been driving with the box for a few weeks now, and it has recorded all but 2 of my journeys as 'recorded without phone present' although I always have my phone with me. During the other 2, for one of them it did not record it at all and for the last one it recorded the drive for 10 minutes out of a half-hour practice session. I have called customer services 3 times, each time they gave me another bogus excuse as to what I was doing wrong - firstly, I must have had low battery mode on (which I didn't), secondly, my parents being in the car with me must have confused the bluetooth signal, thirdly there was a secret, different low power mode on my phone which they could not find or seemed to know that much about but needed to be turned off apparently. Has anyone else had a similar issue with the box not connecting to the phone, and if so how did you solve it?
Gillzy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Neverspark776)
I cannot get it to connect to my phone no matter what I do. I have been driving with the box for a few weeks now, and it has recorded all but 2 of my journeys as 'recorded without phone present' although I always have my phone with me. During the other 2, for one of them it did not record it at all and for the last one it recorded the drive for 10 minutes out of a half-hour practice session. I have called customer services 3 times, each time they gave me another bogus excuse as to what I was doing wrong - firstly, I must have had low battery mode on (which I didn't), secondly, my parents being in the car with me must have confused the bluetooth signal, thirdly there was a secret, different low power mode on my phone which they could not find or seemed to know that much about but needed to be turned off apparently. Has anyone else had a similar issue with the box not connecting to the phone, and if so how did you solve it?
Sounds pretty shady. The company clearly isnt very well prepared for this situation and is trying to shift the blame onto anything/anyone else aside from their product.
If This is for insurance purposes, perhaps just try getting a different black box fitted and explain the situation to the current company.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (142)
37.08%
Take autumn exams (121)
31.59%
Look for a job (12)
3.13%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.44%
Take a year out (67)
17.49%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (24)
6.27%

Watched Threads