Trouble registering for resnet? Watch

Rouhan
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I've tried to register my flat for the resnet service and it wants your address in the form of block/flat/room, but I will be living in Warrender Park Crescent which doesn't seem to have a block number. I got an email back from them saying I need a block number between 24 and 32. What's going on?
michaelnicholson88
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What is the address on your offer? (Exactly).
Rouhan
WAC flat 26, room 1, Warrender Park Crescent
michaelnicholson88
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hmm...I'd have expected one more line there but it looks like the block would be 26.
The Fantastic Phil
Report 10 years ago
Seeing the number 24 makes me think that my address is in 24 WPC so the block might be the building number. But thats just a wild guess.
Grum Fox
Report 10 years ago
Has anyone recieved a confirmation on their resnet registration?

I did it a month ago, and I've not heard anything since.

However, I think it might be related to the fact I don't have an SMS account (which resnet specifies as the only option)
nearlyheadlessian
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I suspect you won't hear anything back until they activate the port in the your room, and as you're not due to arrive for another fortnight and there are still summer guests in the residences, it won't happen for a bit yet.

I forget the street address for WPC, but there is one. You live at xxx Warrender Park Crescent, Flat x, room x. It's just like any other building.
tony_tigger
Report 10 years ago
Hi, i am in halls presently, i am an assistant warden up there. I think you need to wait for SMS account and then do it asap as will be a long list of people,
Rouhan
I have an SMS account already.
Grum Fox
Report 10 years ago
Not everyone is going to get an SMS account. People at Moray House get FirstClass...
sharkytt
Report 10 years ago
When I am registering I have to enter only room number, and Residence. There is no gap for flat, so I don't know whether to enter my room and flat in the room number space.
pineapple_shaker
Report 10 years ago
How do I register for resnet? I didn't get an email about it.
nearlyheadlessian
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by pineapple_shaker)
How do I register for resnet? I didn't get an email about it.
This link should take you there, although you'll need your EASE username and password:

www.ucs.ed.ac.uk/usd/student/resnet/registration.html
michaelnicholson88
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jaccunio)
I registered almost week ago and didn't hear anything back
Give it time- this is their busiest time of year. I registered a fortnight ago and am yet to receive the confirmation e-mail; however, that may be something to do with this being my second year in the same room, so tbere's no need to register again.
xx_aimee_xx
Report 10 years ago
Hi

I was wondering can anyone help me?

I've tried many times to register for the resnet using the link above but after I type in my username and password, the page comes up with a different username. It also says that it is a pilot (I don't know if that has anything to do with the problem). Any ideas???

x
nearlyheadlessian
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by xx_aimee_xx)
Hi

I was wondering can anyone help me?

I've tried many times to register for the resnet using the link above but after I type in my username and password, the page comes up with a different username. It also says that it is a pilot (I don't know if that has anything to do with the problem). Any ideas???

x
It should give your username once you've logged in as your "matriculation [email protected]". As for it saying that it's a pilot form, it said that last year - and there's not really a better way to do it. Just pop in your details and get it submitted, otherwise you may not have internet when you arrive.
xx_aimee_xx
Report 10 years ago
Thanks for the reply, nearlyheadlessian.

I'm still having trouble though. I'll try and explain myself a bit better!

I'm managing to log in (your username is the one like s08*****, right?), but when the next page comes up the email address is wrong. It says that it automatically detected my university email address as [email protected], which is the wrong number. It won't let me click on it and change it, and the page says that if this is not your login, then logout and try again but I've tried this soooo many times!

I know I need to register soon - that's why I'm getting stressed!! :P

Hope that made more sense.
Thanks
x
nearlyheadlessian
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well I can't explain the discrepancy between the two numbers unfortunately. Resnet is rubbish, basically. I would recommend phoning resnet (can't remember the number but it's fairly easy to find). They work between the hours of 16.00 and 21.00 as far as I remember...
xx_aimee_xx
Report 10 years ago
Thanks nearlyheadlessian

I've tried it on a different computer and I've got it to work!

No idea why it didn't work on mine though - it's my own laptop and nobody else goes on! Oh well, strange...

x
AnnyRoquentin
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
This resnet lark, I don't quite understand what it is, but I got an email from Accommodation the other day saying I ought to register for it before I get there, which is fine and dandy, went to try and do it, and it says I need an EASE user thing? I don't know what that is, and I'm not sure if I can get one, as I'm not a student of Edinburgh University, I'm an Edinburgh College of Art student, but will be living in Sciennes - UofE Accommodation.. Can anyone shed any light on any of that for me?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (60)
30.3%
No - I got the required grades (115)
58.08%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
11.62%

Watched Threads