First car with cheap insurance?

Watch
SKD2023
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Since i got my driving's liscence (non-GB liscence) I've always wondered what first car to get - My choice of vehicles are Vauxhall Astra H 1.9 CDTI or BMW E46 2.0d . I am a 20 year old and untill now I've driven an E60 2.5d (not in the UK). Can anybody suggest me to choose between these two models that I gave and is it worth it?

Thanks in advance.
t-o-f-u
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Neither of these are going to be cheap on insurance as your first car. 'Cheap' insurance on a first car will be on anything with an engine between 1.0l and 1.4l - you're probably looking at a hefty few grand to insure either of those cars
RMK2804
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
You'll probably do better to buy a car with a smaller engine so that your insurance will be cheaper. If you get a blackbox it will make it even cheaper.

There's loads of choice out there like Ford Fiesta's or Vauxhall Corsa's. I've found a page of cars with smaller engines here that you could take a look at - https://www.johnsonscars.co.uk/used-...all-used-cars/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (34)
17.99%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (53)
28.04%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (102)
53.97%

Watched Threads