shardsofglass
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I received my letter from SLC (student loans company) and it said ‘approved’ in the ‘approved/awaiting’ section regarding the payment of the loan.

I firmed a conditional offer with the course which is written on the letter. I know it’s a long shot but as since the SQA have sent them my results yesterday, does this ‘approved’ on my student loan letter mean that I have been accepted by them.
However I have made an unconditional choice my insurance.
Vhewitt
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by shardsofglass)
So I received my letter from SLC (student loans company) and it said ‘approved’ in the ‘approved/awaiting’ section regarding the payment of the loan.

I firmed a conditional offer with the course which is written on the letter. I know it’s a long shot but as since the SQA have sent them my results yesterday, does this ‘approved’ on my student loan letter mean that I have been accepted by them.
However I have made an unconditional choice my insurance.
Im sorry to say no. Although that would be fantastic for you! I believe it just means that they have approved your finance for next year regardless of if you get into your firm or insurance.
shardsofglass
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vhewitt)
Im sorry to say no. Although that would be fantastic for you! I believe it just means that they have approved your finance for next year regardless of if you get into your firm or insurance.
Yeah as I figured, knew it was a long shot, thanks a lot though for your reply, I was actually expecting no one to know. Guess I’ll just wait until next week 😬
Vhewitt
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by shardsofglass)
Yeah as I figured, knew it was a long shot, thanks a lot though for your reply, I was actually expecting no one to know. Guess I’ll just wait until next week 😬
Well I hope I’m wrong! At least you don’t have that much longer to wait - I know I get butterflies every time I think about results day like I just want to find out already! Good luck for next week 🤞🏼
shardsofglass
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vhewitt)
Well I hope I’m wrong! At least you don’t have that much longer to wait - I know I get butterflies every time I think about results day like I just want to find out already! Good luck for next week 🤞🏼
Yeah I am the same, though part of me wants to know and half of me doesn’t 😬 glad this is my last sqa results day
harry_gill_23
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
approval of finance surely
shardsofglass
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by harry_gill_23)
approval of finance surely
Yeah, realise that now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (110)
39.01%
Take autumn exams (90)
31.91%
Look for a job (8)
2.84%
Consider an apprenticeship (9)
3.19%
Take a year out (47)
16.67%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
6.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise