aiqi
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Are GCSE test testing you a lot on what you did in year 7 and younger years or more about what you learn in year 9 and ten ?
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
In my school we started the GCSE content in year 9 so I only revised that stuff.
Start from whenever your school starts GCSE content.

Year 7 and year 8 are mostly just to strengthen your understanding of each subject and gives you a chance to see which subjects you enjoy before you choose your GCSE options.
glowing_starfish
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
In my school we started the GCSE content in year 9 so I only revised that stuff.
Start from whenever your school starts GCSE content.

Year 7 and year 8 are mostly just to strengthen your understanding of each subject and gives you a chance to see which subjects you enjoy before you choose your GCSE options.
Yup pretty much
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
year 9 and above, definitely. don't bother or worry about revising year 7/8 content.
MusicalMe101
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by aiqi)
Are GCSE test testing you a lot on what you did in year 7 and younger years or more about what you learn in year 9 and ten ?
As others have said, it's mostly adding and expanding on what you covered in year 9 and there are a lot of new and interesting topics that you cover, so I wouldn't worry too much about trying to remember things you covered in previous years.
TsRtSr1001
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
It’s your course modules only. So in Science only what you do in the course (textbook) and like humanities and English will be on the texts and stuff. I don’t understand how you would think that content before the GCSE course starts would be in the exams.
aiqi
Rep:
?
(Original post by MusicalMe101)
As others have said, it's mostly adding and expanding on what you covered in year 9 and there are a lot of new and interesting topics that you cover, so I wouldn't worry too much about trying to remember things you covered in previous years.
so are you saying that year 9 basically the start to learning GCSE topics? and year 8 and 7 were just foundation years to build up knowledge? xxxxx
TsRtSr1001
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by aiqi)
so are you saying that year 9 basically the start to learning GCSE topics? and year 8 and 7 were just foundation years to build up knowledge? xxxxx
Exactly.
TsRtSr1001
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by TsRtSr1001)
Exactly.
Most courses don’t start until year 10. At my school only maths and science started in year 9.
aiqi
Rep:
?
Most courses don’t start until year 10. At my school only maths and science started in year 9.
okok thankss !
MusicalMe101
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by aiqi)
Yeah, I'd say so, I would advice that you ensure that you have revised everything you did in year 9 as it will come in handy for year 10. Don't do any hardcore revision though, just briefly going over things to make sure that they're still in you head will be enough. At my school we started the GCSE course at the start of year 10, and I'd say that for subjects like maths and English we were expected to remember most of the things we did in year 9. For the sciences and humanities there were a lot of new topics and information that we had never covered before, but some things were built on the foundation that we had from KS3.
ShadowKing132
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by aiqi)
If you need any help, just ask- i am predicted all 9s
TsRtSr1001
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by MusicalMe101)
Yeah, I'd say so, I would advice that you ensure that you have revised everything you did in year 9 as it will come in handy for year 10. Don't do any hardcore revision though, just briefly going over things to make sure that they're still in you head will be enough. At my school we started the GCSE course at the start of year 10, and I'd say that for subjects like maths and English we were expected to remember most of the things we did in year 9. For the sciences and humanities there were a lot of new topics and information that we had never covered before, but some things were built on the foundation that we had from KS3.
Literally it starts when they tell you it does. I don’t get why people don’t understand this. I explained it all to this guy a while ago. It starts in year 10 normally except for some, mainly maths and science that start in year 9. When you start the GCSE texts and work from the GCSE textbooks in class, it does mean this is GCSE content. If you’re working on random units like in history the world wars, or in science doing things from the activate text books, then it’s not GCSE. After your options. If you did it before your options it’s not GCSE because you didn’t chose it as a GCSE subject.
Last edited by TsRtSr1001; 1 day ago
MusicalMe101
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Literally it starts when they tell you it does. I don’t get why people don’t understand this. I explained it all to this guy a while ago. It starts in year 10 normally except for some, mainly maths and science that start in year 9. When you start the GCSE texts and work from the GCSE textbooks in class, it does mean this is GCSE content. If you’re working on random units like in history the world wars, or in science doing things from the activate text books, then it’s not GCSE. After your options. If you did it before your options it’s not GCSE because you didn’t chose it as a GCSE subject.
Yeah exactly, I mean we started everything in year 10 and I was surprised to find that some people briefly started in year 9.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (11)
20%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (14)
25.45%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (30)
54.55%

Watched Threads