hiela1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hey i'm a year 13 to be student stuck on how to revise A level psychology. I want to make the most of this summer break so that i am prepared for year 13. However there is just so much content i don't know where to start. I've heard about essay plans as a form of revision, i know this might sound stupid but i don't really know how that works. Could someone please explain it to me and if you recommend any other forms of revision.
saisham
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by hiela1)
Hey i'm a year 13 to be student stuck on how to revise A level psychology. I want to make the most of this summer break so that i am prepared for year 13. However there is just so much content i don't know where to start. I've heard about essay plans as a form of revision, i know this might sound stupid but i don't really know how that works. Could someone please explain it to me and if you recommend any other forms of revision.
try flash cards to revise studies and theories and loads of past papers. essay plans are good for theories once you are confident with the content so model answers and see which questions are likely to come up and do it for them.
sunsetpeony
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by hiela1)
hey! like the above user, i really recommend flashcards as i feel like they enable you to write the key information but without overloading detail! i also think that posters/mind-maps can be really useful to consolidate your knowledge - maybe use these in conjunction with other methods (i.e. the flashcards)

essay plans are basically just bullet-pointed notes on the content you would include in your response - e.g. if it was an 'outline and evaluate' question, you would want to bullet point the theory/research in a few simple terms/phrases (this would be your first paragraph) and then go on to note down your evaluation points. essay plans sound a lot more complicated than they actually are - they're just simplified note-versions of a complete essay! hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (55)
36.18%
No (80)
52.63%
I don't know (17)
11.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise