What are the best GCSE books for these subjects?

Watch
georgiaalicex
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My GCSE subjects are French, Computer Science, Maths, Combined Science, English and History. I was going to get CGP books for most of them but saw people say they aren't very good...
lulumillie02
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by georgiaalicex)
My GCSE subjects are French, Computer Science, Maths, Combined Science, English and History. I was going to get CGP books for most of them but saw people say they aren't very good...
Hi,
It depends on what your exam boards are but Collins is really good as they are a reasonable price and contain revision pages and question pages throughout, which is really good. Sometimes at the back of the books, there are workbooks and practice papers which is really good for the price that it is. It is really affordable and is effective for revision.
But CGP is good for workbooks and exam-style workbooks though, I personally don't like the revision guides but the workbooks are helpful and they allocate certain grades to questions. The Practice exam papers are good too.
For English, York Notes is good for set texts and exam technique too.
Just to say for French, I know this isn't a revision book/guide but Memrise is really good for repetitive practice and grammar.
I hope this helped
BTW Amazon is the best place to buy revision guides as they are cheaper than the actual websites.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
cgp was good enough for me for gcse. york notes i'd recommend for english though :yep: i just wouldn't use cgp revision guides as your sole source of revision.
rxyaltyx
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i liked cgp, they were my favourite books
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (207)
39.28%
Take autumn exams (158)
29.98%
Look for a job (18)
3.42%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
4.17%
Take a year out (90)
17.08%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
6.07%

Watched Threads