Imranrazak1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi,

I’m currently a struggling student that will be going to surrey uni this September.

Due to the pandemic my parents income has been decimated and I don’t have a part time job and struggling to find one. Now normally I’m entitled to the maximum allowance of loan of £7.5K a year. However due to some issues last year I had to suspend my studies. Now they want their repayment of £500 a quarter which if they take I won’t be able to survive.

I’m in debts and I need help financially. Can someone advise how the hell I get out of what I’m in!
University of Surrey
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Imranrazak1)
Hi,

I’m currently a struggling student that will be going to surrey uni this September.

Due to the pandemic my parents income has been decimated and I don’t have a part time job and struggling to find one. Now normally I’m entitled to the maximum allowance of loan of £7.5K a year. However due to some issues last year I had to suspend my studies. Now they want their repayment of £500 a quarter which if they take I won’t be able to survive.

I’m in debts and I need help financially. Can someone advise how the hell I get out of what I’m in!
Hi there, so sorry to hear about the difficult circumstances.

We do offer various forms of support for registered students who are facing financial difficulties, the details can be found here: https://www.surrey.ac.uk/fees-and-fu...-money/support.

You'll also find the contact details for our Money Support team in that link - their email is [email protected]. You'll be able to speak to a Student Money Support Adviser, who will offer you free, independent and impartial advice.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

George
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (134)
24.45%
Better than expected (120)
21.9%
Worse than expected (294)
53.65%

Watched Threads