Nim Mudher
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hey everyone! I'm looking to apply for a paramedic science course in the UK for the academic year starting in September 2021. Does anyone know where the best place to go is? Also, advice on the course is welcomed too!
username5320822
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
In case you considering also Nursing (great discussion here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4242702) i can help you.
Nim Mudher
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by fprischi)
In case you considering also Nursing (great discussion here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4242702) i can help you.
Hi! Thank you so much for replying! Unfortunately I’m not considering nursing at all, it’s really not for me. Thank you anyway!😁
WaceMindu
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Nim Mudher)
Hey everyone! I'm looking to apply for a paramedic science course in the UK for the academic year starting in September 2021. Does anyone know where the best place to go is? Also, advice on the course is welcomed too!
Generally all Universities should deliver the same skills and type of training. They typically have large practical components to the course for skills and large placement blocks.

You may be better off looking at the placement trusts and trying to speak to some of their staff to get a better idea of what that is like, as your practice and education is going to be shaped by their policies and mantras on placement.

I work in the south of the UK where I am slightly biased to our way of things. Typically I feel we are empowered to keep patients at home more and speaking to my colleagues elsewhere, because of the rural nature of our jobs, we are reqired to manage our patients for a lot longer which I like.

Go to open days and look at the course content online.
Reviser101
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Nim Mudher)
Anglia Ruskin is really good. It's a relatively new university in Essex and I visited there when I was in year 10 (2 years ago) and went to the paramedic department and their facilities are really good and the students seem to really love it. You should definitely check it out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (77)
17.99%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (124)
28.97%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
37.38%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.62%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.04%

Watched Threads