Jshek
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
so t cells stimulate b cells to divide by mitosis and secrete antibodies into bloodstream but why would we need antibodies if the cytotoxic cells can kill the infected cells. is it because T cytotoxic cells are for cell mediated (body cell) and the antiboides are for the (blood stream)(humoral) which are different
lhh2003
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Jshek)
so t cells stimulate b cells to divide by mitosis and secrete antibodies into bloodstream but why would we need antibodies if the cytotoxic cells can kill the infected cells. is it because T cytotoxic cells are for cell mediated (body cell) and the antiboides are for the (blood stream)(humoral) which are different
Yes, you are correct. The Cytotoxic T cells that secrete chemicals into already infected cells, by attaching to MHC I complex of the body cell after it releases cytokines to indicate there is a pathogen inside of it and it needs tone sacrificed. These chemicals make the walls of that cell more water permeable so it undergoes lysis.
Jshek
Rep:
?
(Original post by lhh2003)
Yes, you are correct. The Cytotoxic T cells that secrete chemicals into already infected cells, by attaching to MHC I complex of the body cell after it releases cytokines to indicate there is a pathogen inside of it and it needs tone sacrificed. These chemicals make the walls of that cell more water permeable so it undergoes lysis.
So that means when a pathogen enters are cell, they infected body cell and infect blood stream?
Jpw1097
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Jshek)
So that means when a pathogen enters are cell, they infected body cell and infect blood stream?
It depends on the pathogen. Some pathogens will infect cells though others may not.
Jshek
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jpw1097)
It depends on the pathogen. Some pathogens will infect cells though others may not.
If it doesnt infect cells that means t cell cant bind to the APC so it cant destroy infected cell or make b cells
lhh2003
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Jshek)
If it doesnt infect cells that means t cell cant bind to the APC so it cant destroy infected cell or make b cells
The body cells don't need to be infected to form APCs, they just ingest the pathogen to become APCs , i.e and detect the pathogen is in the body.
Jshek
Rep:
?
(Original post by lhh2003)
The body cells don't need to be infected to form APCs, they just ingest the pathogen to become APCs , i.e and detect the pathogen is in the body.
but in my book it says lympohocytes responds to an organisms own cell that have been infected by non self material

so how can B cells secrete antiboides if it is taking place in body cell rather than bodily fluid
lhh2003
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Jshek)
but in my book it says lympohocytes responds to an organisms own cell that have been infected by non self material

so how can B cells secrete antiboides if it is taking place in body cell rather than bodily fluid
A body cell is infected with a pathogen. This body cell is not apart of the immune system I should note. The body cell releases interleukins (cytokines) that trigger the immune system's inactivated T Killer Cells to arrive at the scene and bind the self antigens of the body cells that are infected. This activates the T Killer cells, and what happens next is beyond my understanding ( I think it is uni level ). The activated T killer cell destroy the body cells. The T killer cells are carried in the fluid to the body. Although they are technically "still in the fluid" if you look really deep into it, they are considered to be apart of the cell mediated response, whereas the humeral response occurs in the body fluid, but out of the vaccinate of any body cells.

That is my understanding of the matter.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (57)
17.33%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (93)
28.27%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (124)
37.69%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.37%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.34%

Watched Threads