The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Freshers 2020

I'm an international student so I don't really get the concept of freshers too much. I'm aware it's kind of an introduction week but like, are we meant to pay for specific events? and why are the tickets nearly sold out on the link Liverpool facebook provided for freshman events?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm an international student so I don't really get the concept of freshers too much. I'm aware it's kind of an introduction week but like, are we meant to pay for specific events? and why are the tickets nearly sold out on the link Liverpool facebook provided for freshman events?

There's no compulsory events except for ones put on by the university, like talks and meeting your advisors etc. In the UK, the week is often associated with clubbing and parties, and a lot of people want to do it. Most universities sell their own wristbands to their own set of events, or you can see what your flatmates are doing and buy tickets to one of the independent events, but it's unlikely that they'll happen this year, and from my experience, it was best to see what your flat was doing and then decide as a group. Liverpool Guild is the student union associated with the university, so they will be the ones hosting the official university events, although sometimes the independent ones can be more popular - it just depends.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
They’re most likely going to cancel freshers anyways due to Covid, or postpone it do it online so don’t worry about it, it won’t happen in September, maybe at all.
Freshers is basically a week of partying, nothing official, just a week where you will start to make friends and go clubbing etc. The events aren't sold out, you just get loads of spammers on the facebook pages trying to sell tickets for a commission. Even if all online tickets are sold for most events by the time freshers starts, almost all clubs let people in on the door aswell.

Quick Reply