Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Anyone else?
Hannah0505
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I'm DYING why are you making a thread on this lmao??? But never tried chinese food
Anonymous #2
Report 5 days ago
Panda Express is the bomb! Just kidding, kind of. I love the convenience of Panda but I know it's not "real' Chinese food. Actually, I only eat it when I'm at the mall.

I've traveled all over China and sampled the best cuisine from various regions but I still remember the first time I ever had Shrimp Lo Mein in my neighborhood Chinese restaurant in NYC (Astoria) and to me I identify Chinese food as greasy, salty food loaded with MSG - the ultimate in comfort food. Again, I know this isn't real Chinese food but when I hear the words "Chinese Food" I think of that hole in the wall on 30th Avenue and 37th Street where the walls were painted orange and the all you can eat won ton strips were served with "duck sauce".
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I'm not a fan either. I only realised how picky I am with food once I got to university - I'd turn down almost every dish in a restaurant when going out with friends and now we have a running joke that I don't like anything :ashamed:
rxyaltyx
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
i love it it's soooooooo good imo
i've acc never heard of someone disliking it tbh
Thornbury
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
I'm not a fan either. I only realised how picky I am with food once I got to university - I'd turn down almost every dish in a restaurant when going out with friends and now we have a running joke that I don't like anything :ashamed:
What about Indian food?
kadiatuj0001
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
lol samee :five:
the last time i had Chinese food the restaurant tried to give me food poisoning never had it since
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Thornbury)
What about Indian food?
Never tried it. I don't try anything that has even one ingredient that I would consider odd in the dish/ not used to having/ don't like.
The rare times I've tried to experiment with different cuisines, I've regretted it :nothing:
Thornbury
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Never tried it. I don't try anything that has even one ingredient that I would consider odd in the dish/ not used to having.
The rare times I've tried to experiment with different cuisines, I've regretted it :nothing:
So, what food do you like? Are you a vegan?
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Thornbury)
So, what food do you like? Are you a vegan?
I like the food I've grown up with - I suppose my taste buds are used to the food they're used to and don't like anything "unusual". Nope not a vegan.
Thornbury
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I like the food I've grown up with - I suppose my taste buds are used to the food they're used to and don't like anything "unusual". Nope not a vegan.
Cool, well each to their own I guess.
Hannah0505
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Same
Lyndsey.95
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I'm not a big fan either. I like Indian food best.
Lobster Guy
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Anyone fancy a lobster?
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Anyone else?
Sorry, but I am not on your side. I like Chinese and another kinds of Asian foods.
Tw1x
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Never tried it. I don't try anything that has even one ingredient that I would consider odd in the dish/ not used to having/ don't like.
Same! I am literally the pickiest eater I know, I hate almost 98% of foods and going to a restaurant is hell. I feel like my taste buds are really heightened as, even now, I'll try a bite and straight away the taste seems too overwhelming for me
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
me too. same with indian food tbh. and stuff like roast dinner or english breakfast, ugh. but i'm a very picky eater...
Angelic Roar
Badges: 18
Report 1 day ago
never tried it.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Not a huge fan of takeaway stuff, because it tends to be high salt, high MSG, high additive crap. But authentic chinese food made with care and good ingredients is delightful - it can be really fresh and clean.
RaA64
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
Not a huge fan of takeaway stuff, because it tends to be high salt, high MSG, high additive crap. But authentic chinese food made with care and good ingredients is delightful - it can be really fresh and clean.
Come on man, I’m on a takeaway streak - had a takeaway for the past 4 days!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (20)
21.05%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (21)
22.11%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (54)
56.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise