mikful
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey folks,

I thought i'd start this thread for the Online MSc Artificial Intelligence - University of Bath course starting this September:

https://online.bath.ac.uk/online-cou...l-intelligence

I'm enrolled in this cohort and would like to connect with any others who are also.

I'll try to provide updates as we go along about how the course is going.

Thanks
Krood
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That's really great, I am strongly interested in applying in January and would love to get some insights about the course

How was the process of demonstrating your maths and programming capabilities for you?
lilnna3
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey thanks for creating this thread! I’m interested in this course too and thinking to apply to one of the cohorts next year. I’ll need to practice maths and programming, I did A level maths but want to make sure I’m up to speed!

What are you guys’ backgrounds and what made you choose the course?

I did linguistics undergrad and I’m interested in learning natural language processing, speech and language recognition in computers and maybe other things in AI I don’t know about yet
mikful
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Krood)
That's really great, I am strongly interested in applying in January and would love to get some insights about the course

How was the process of demonstrating your maths and programming capabilities for you?
For me this was fairly straightforward as they ask for evidence of linear algebra and calculus. My background is in Acoustic Engineering and I have an MSc that was strongly theoretical, so had a lot of maths and physics content. I've also done some online courses which they also accept as evidence in some cases. Imperial's Mathematics for Machine Learning and deeplearning.ai's courses - all on Coursera - are excellent in my opinion. I've found the admissions team to be extremely helpful, so it would be worth contacting them with any queries you have re your background and entry requirements.

I'm looking for a career change, so have decided to invest in this course, given Bath's good name. I hope it lives up to it.
lilnna3
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Here is the link to the webinar on the MSc AI course in case anyone’s interested. I think it’s really good they do these, I found it really helpful:

https://youtu.be/fDN7hO97vX8
NameLess828
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The course does look very interesting, although as its completely new so it would be interesting for currently enrolled students to provide some feedback on their experiences of the course when it becomes available in the next month or so.
dakanabelle
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I know it's only been 2 days since the course started, but any initial thoughts so far?
void*
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Here's unit descriptors for anyone interested in this course.
Attached files
Last edited by void*; 9 months ago
NameLess828
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by void*)
Here's unit descriptors for anyone interested in this course.
Wow looks like an interesting first assignment!
nickz21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I got accepted to the Msc in AI programme starting Sept '21. Very excited and look forward to sharing my feedback.
Aytas
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey Mikful, thanks for starting this thread. What are your thoughts on this program so far? like that of the difficulty level, time management, teaching quality being an online offering etc. Please let us know your thoughts and reviews if any. Thanks.
nischalm
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
anyone on the course who can give us some idea of the assignments on each module and how the course has been so far. It would be highly appreciated.
Rtfc
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
See this thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6561158
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (27)
13.64%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.06%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.55%
I need help with my personal statement (82)
41.41%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (50)
25.25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.52%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (15)
7.58%

Watched Threads