Allera
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hi,
I am giving my IGCSE's in the October/November 2020 series. However, I am taking Edexcel Human Biology 4HB1 and CAIE Business Studies 0986. The exams are both occurring on 2nd November in the afternoon. As you can see it is clashing. What do I do? Any advice?
Thank You
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
This happens all the time. Assuming you are taking them at the same exam centre the exams officer will sort it out. From memory, CAIE and Edexcel have slightly different rules about it (you can move one to the other session in the day if they total over 3 hours for Edexcel but it has to be over 3.5 for CAIE) but the centre will know what your options are.
Allera
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
This happens all the time. Assuming you are taking them at the same exam centre the exams officer will sort it out. From memory, CAIE and Edexcel have slightly different rules about it (you can move one to the other session in the day if they total over 3 hours for Edexcel but it has to be over 3.5 for CAIE) but the centre will know what your options are.
oh ok thanks
Allera
Rep:
?
Just additional information I'm homeschooled.
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Allera)
Where are you sitting the exams? They should sort it.
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Allera)
That makes no difference - the rules for and validity of the exams are just the same. I'd contact the centre in September and politely ask them what their plan is, giving your preference if you have one. If you do move one to the other session that day then you will have to be kept in isolation at the centre between the exams so you may decide you'd rather do them back-to-back.
Allera
Rep:
?
Ok, thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (20)
18.35%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (28)
25.69%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (61)
55.96%

Watched Threads