perro123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I am currently doing my research into my EPQ topic and I was wondering whether an EPQ would actually be accounted for or not for universities and wether it would put me at an advantage over other applicants. My school has deadlined the EPQ for February 2021, which is a while away however, I do not want to be stressed over writing an EPQ during year 13 when I have my 3 Alevels, which I would like to achieve high grades for.

I would like to do Biomedical Science or Biochemistry at university and my I am planning to write my EPQ on cancer.

Please could someone let me know whether or not an EPQ is worth the time and effort.

Thank youuuu :P
BlueEyedGirl_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
As someone who did an EPQ and loved it, I would never recommend doing an EPQ simply as a way to increase your chance at university admissions. The reality is that just doing an EPQ won’t vastly improve your chances - instead it’ll be the skills you develop, which you’ll use at uni and can talk about in your personal statement, plus it’s also a way to show your interest in your subject (if you do it on a topic you’ll do at uni).

Do an EPQ if you can find a research area/topic you’re really interested in, if you would like to develop your research skills, if you want to improve your time management skills - basically do one if the project itself actually appeals to you, and not if the only reason you want to do it is to improve your chances at uni admissions because there’s several other things you can do
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads