Big delays for decision on ATAS Certificate

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Any other international students that have had to apply for an ATAS certificate for their postgrad studies?

I applied for on back in mid June, however I had to reapply in mid July as I applied before my uni gave me the information I needed to fill-in a specific section in the application.

My estimated decision date for the first application was July 13 ( and it's well past that date now), whereas my second (current) application is estimated for a decision on August 14.

Worried that this will heavily delay my visa application to make it to the UK in September/October.

Anyone experiencing delays as well? Also would appreciate advice from anyone that has applied for an ATAS certificate in the past and those that have applied now and got their decision.

I'm overseas and so can't really call the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office unless I want an expensive phone bill, and I've tried emailing them before but no response whatsoever.
Advertisement
Arushi__
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Same here. Applied on 8th June. NO reply yet.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by Arushi__)
Same here. Applied on 8th June. NO reply yet.
I know the pandemic has affected the time it takes to process, but I mean this is getting to be frustrating
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (80)
38.46%
Take autumn exams (71)
34.13%
Look for a job (6)
2.88%
Consider an apprenticeship (7)
3.37%
Take a year out (31)
14.9%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
6.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed