Big delays for decision on ATAS Certificate

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Any other international students that have had to apply for an ATAS certificate for their postgrad studies?

I applied for on back in mid June, however I had to reapply in mid July as I applied before my uni gave me the information I needed to fill-in a specific section in the application.

My estimated decision date for the first application was July 13 ( and it's well past that date now), whereas my second (current) application is estimated for a decision on August 14.

Worried that this will heavily delay my visa application to make it to the UK in September/October.

Anyone experiencing delays as well? Also would appreciate advice from anyone that has applied for an ATAS certificate in the past and those that have applied now and got their decision.

I'm overseas and so can't really call the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office unless I want an expensive phone bill, and I've tried emailing them before but no response whatsoever.
Advertisement
Arushi__
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Same here. Applied on 8th June. NO reply yet.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Arushi__)
I know the pandemic has affected the time it takes to process, but I mean this is getting to be frustrating
Lauradmc
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Arushi__)
Did you send any email with the subject “urgent, applicant ***, over 45 working days of wait” ?
I have read in this forum that some responses get speed up with emails like these. I sent an email exactly like this on the 23rd working day of wait, and on the following day they asked me to make a change on my application, because there was an absurd mistake.

(that I really think that they did on purpose, because of the demand, since I saw people also complaining from the same absurd mistake impossible to have happened.)
Lauradmc
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Any other international students that have had to apply for an ATAS certificate for their postgrad studies?

I applied for on back in mid June, however I had to reapply in mid July as I applied before my uni gave me the information I needed to fill-in a specific section in the application.

My estimated decision date for the first application was July 13 ( and it's well past that date now), whereas my second (current) application is estimated for a decision on August 14.

Worried that this will heavily delay my visa application to make it to the UK in September/October.

Anyone experiencing delays as well? Also would appreciate advice from anyone that has applied for an ATAS certificate in the past and those that have applied now and got their decision.

I'm overseas and so can't really call the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office unless I want an expensive phone bill, and I've tried emailing them before but no response whatsoever.
Hi, I applied on the 29th of June, receive a request to correct a mistake 3 days after my expected decision date. My new decision date is 31st of August.

If you dont mind me asking, which section was missing/incomplete on your first application?
Did you sent any emails to your university?

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/guidance...-the-atas-team
“We are unable to provide a telephone service to students, but your HEI may be able to make representations to us on your behalf.”

Your uni can contact atas. Ive read that they mostly do not answer anyone even the Uni, but you could try. I have requested help from mine, and I am hoping they will.
Last edited by Lauradmc; 1 year ago
Advertisement
Lauradmc
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Do you know the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office telephone number?
Blacksensei
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I also have similar issue. I was prompted to make a correction and now my decision date is August 23rd. Very stressful. Atas or my school aren’t replying to my mails concerning the subject.
Advertisement
Lauradmc
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I finally received my ATAS. Applied for MSc on Sustainable Eng. Chemical Processes.
48 working days of wait, however they asked me to make a correction on day 23.
It delayed 3 days after the 1st expected decision date and then 4 days on the 2nd application with corrections.

First three digits: 263***
Date of 1st application: 29th of June
Date of 1st expected decision: 27th of July
1st email to ATAS team regarding the delay (no response): 29th of July
Requested to change a date that was wrong in my work experience: 30th of July
Date of 2nd application with correction: 1st of August
Date of 2nd expected decision: 31st of August
2nd email to ATAS team explaining the deadline from my scholarship (no response): 07 of August
3rd email to ATAS team regarding the delay (no response): 1st of September
Final decision: 4th of September

In all the emails I sent, the subjects were "Urgent! Applicant 263*** , please answer, over ** working days of wait"
However I am not sure if they helped. I also asked my uni to get in touch with ATAS team on my behalf, but they said that ATAS asked unis not to do this, so they could not help this time.

I hope everyone receives it soon!!

(Original post by Lauradmc)
Hi, I applied on the 29th of June, receive a request to correct a mistake 3 days after my expected decision date. My new decision date is 31st of August.

If you dont mind me asking, which section was missing/incomplete on your first application?
Did you sent any emails to your university?

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/guidance...-the-atas-team
“We are unable to provide a telephone service to students, but your HEI may be able to make representations to us on your behalf.”

Your uni can contact atas. Ive read that they mostly do not answer anyone even the Uni, but you could try. I have requested help from mine, and I am hoping they will.
Blacksensei
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I finally received my ATAS. Applied for MSc on Sustainable Eng. Chemical Processes.
48 working days of wait, however they asked me to make a correction on day 23.
It delayed 3 days after the 1st expected decision date and then 4 days on the 2nd application with corrections.

First three digits: 263***
Date of 1st application: 29th of June
Date of 1st expected decision: 27th of July
1st email to ATAS team regarding the delay (no response): 29th of July
Requested to change a date that was wrong in my work experience: 30th of July
Date of 2nd application with correction: 1st of August
Date of 2nd expected decision: 31st of August
2nd email to ATAS team explaining the deadline from my scholarship (no response): 07 of August
3rd email to ATAS team regarding the delay (no response): 1st of September
Final decision: 4th of September

In all the emails I sent, the subjects were "Urgent! Applicant 263*** , please answer, over ** working days of wait"
However I am not sure if they helped. I also asked my uni to get in touch with ATAS team on my behalf, but they said that ATAS asked unis not to do this, so they could not help this time.

I hope everyone receives it soon!!
I applied on the 19th of June and mailed them on the 19th of July when I was supposed to get my decision only to be mailed after 3 days to make a change
My decision date has since changed to 23rd September
What do You suggest I do from here
Advertisement
Lauradmc
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Blacksensei)
I applied on the 19th of June and mailed them on the 19th of July when I was supposed to get my decision only to be mailed after 3 days to make a change
I would suggest you to keep in touch with your uni, they are aware of this big delay, and I am sure that they will do everything possible to be flexible. Also, in case you contact your uni by email quote this statement from the UK Gov website "We are unable to provide a telephone service to students, but your HEI may be able to make representations to us on your behalf." I is in this page: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/guidance...as-certificate

Ask your uni to chase it for you, explain that you still will need to apply for Visa and you need help from them.
Blacksensei
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would suggest you to keep in touch with your uni, they are aware of this big delay, and I am sure that they will do everything possible to be flexible. Also, in case you contact your uni by email quote this statement from the UK Gov website "We are unable to provide a telephone service to students, but your HEI may be able to make representations to us on your behalf." I is in this page: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/guidance...as-certificate

Ask your uni to chase it for you, explain that you still will need to apply for Visa and you need help from them.
Thanks a lot
Advertisement
Rob 123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Blacksensei)
Have you got your ATAS certificate???
Rob 123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

You got your ATAS certificate???
Advertisement
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Rob 123)
You got your ATAS certificate???
Yep, got mine back in August
Nehalarchie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hello Guys!! Did ATAS team contact your reference any idea?? I am waiting for my ATAS application date Aug 29 and expected decision date Sept 28. My course has already started and University inquiring about it. This is very stressful situation.
aolcay
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Could you get your Atas then? Because I have same problem right now.
Venkateswara Rao
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Finally when did you get your ATAS.. Beacaue I also applied for that.your answer will be very helpful for me.. Thank you 🙏
Advertisement
ashish vekariya
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is there anybody in the groupo who has to defer their admission because of ATAS ? Even though you applied quite before time.
Venkateswara Rao
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ashish vekariya)
Is there anybody in the groupo who has to defer their admission because of ATAS ? Even though you applied quite before time.
YES.. I'm eagerly waiting for the ATAS 😒
Razieh
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi . My class starts on September 16 and I am still waiting for the ATAS certificate while I applied for it on the 5th of May. I really can not wait any longer and I am completely undecided because the university asked me if you would be at the University for September or not.I'm really upset and I do not receive any response at all to the emails I send to the ATAS team. I wish it has at least a phone number to call.Is there anybody to help me ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.49%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.02%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
16.97%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.02%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (79)
29.15%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.34%

Watched Threads