CurryCurry2468
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
@Compost
Please let me know if I am missing something or looking in the wrong spot.
I have someone asking me about the AQA Level 2 certificate in further mathematics (8365) and the autumn exams.

Is it being offered in the autumn series as I cannot see it anywhere so I am right in assuming it is not being offered at all??
Last edited by CurryCurry2468; 1 week ago
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Compost
GCSE_Rockstar32
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by CurryCurry2468)
@Compost
Please let me know if I am missing something or looking in the wrong spot.
I have someone asking me about the AQA Level 2 certificate in further mathematics (8365) and the autumn exams.

Is it being offered in the autumn series as I cannot see it anywhere so I am right in assuming it is not being offered at all??
Also English Language and Maths seem to be not mentioned in the autumn GCSE series as well.
Broque_
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
English language and Maths are mentioned in the traditional re-sit november timetable. My best guess is that they are merging them. Can't find an statement from AQA confirming this but it's as good of an answer I could get the other day. It doesn't sound like a stretch, since AQA would have hosted English language and Maths GCSE in November with or without exam cancellations.

Re-sit timetable: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/admin/t_...E-FS-NOV20.PDF
GCSE_Rockstar32
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Broque_)
English language and Maths are mentioned in the traditional re-sit november timetable. My best guess is that they are merging them. Can't find an statement from AQA confirming this but it's as good of an answer I could get the other day. It doesn't sound like a stretch, since AQA would have hosted English language and Maths GCSE in November with or without exam cancellations.

Thank you (:
CurryCurry2468
Rep:
?
English language and Maths are mentioned in the traditional re-sit november timetable. My best guess is that they are merging them. Can't find an statement from AQA confirming this but it's as good of an answer I could get the other day. It doesn't sound like a stretch, since AQA would have hosted English language and Maths GCSE in November with
Yeah i found them on the traditional one as well. There is also a timetable on AQA website called 'November 2020 GCSE, Functional skills, AQA certificate and level 3 EPQ'.
I would have level 2 further maths would be in that timetable since it is an 'AQA certificate' right? but it aint there either.

So I guess they aint offering it then.....
Alhtough my guess would be is there any point in offering it as I doubt any school has it as part of its entry requirmeents for some of its courses.
Yeah i think cuz it aint really required to progress onto level 3 courses, they chose not to offer it in the autumn series
Broque_
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah i found them on the traditional one as well. There is also a timetable on AQA website called 'November 2020 GCSE, Functional skills, AQA certificate and level 3 EPQ'.
I would have level 2 further maths would be in that timetable since it is an 'AQA certificate' right? but it aint there either.

So I guess they aint offering it then.....
Alhtough my guess would be is there any point in offering it as I doubt any school has it as part of its entry requirmeents for some of its courses.
Yeah i think cuz it aint really required to progress onto level 3 courses, they chose not to offer it in the autumn series
Is it a subject being taught in your school? Ofqual has promised that students will be able to sit all exams they would’ve sat in June. Have you tried emailing your maths teacher?
My class alone was supposed to sit an extra award for Edexcel level 3 Algebra, but since that was cancelled and it’s not considered as critical as the rest of the exam series, it’s been scheduled for January. I can’t find anything similar to this for AQA, but I’m sure if anyone would know it would be your maths department.
CurryCurry2468
Rep:
?
Is it a subject being taught in your school? Ofqual has promised that students will be able to sit all exams they would’ve sat in June. Have you tried emailing your maths teacher?
My class alone was supposed to sit an extra award for Edexcel level 3 Algebra, but since that was cancelled and it’s not considered as critical as the rest of the exam series, it’s been scheduled for January. I can’t find anything similar to this for AQA, but I’m sure if anyone would know it would be your maths department.
I am an a level student and someone I know was asking me about this, I guess it ain't a critical subject then....
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't think it's being offered as:

• it's never a requirement for enrolment in further courses
  • The majority of it is taught in the second half of Y11 and many students haven't covered much of the course - a lot of entries were withdrawn as schools didn't have enough evidence to submit grades
  • It isn't recognised for teaching in state schools (i.e. it does not contribute to league table results)
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That's the timetable for what's always been on offer in November so it wouldn't be there (despite it's promising name), but it's not on the extra one either so it's pretty certain it's not available. That makes sense as November is meant to be about stuff you really need to re-sit after unexpected results in the Summer and no one ever really needs Level 2 Cert in Furtehr maths
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (130)
37.25%
Take autumn exams (107)
30.66%
Look for a job (11)
3.15%
Consider an apprenticeship (13)
3.72%
Take a year out (66)
18.91%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (22)
6.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed