Good luck! What did you apply for?
(Original post by Freckles5)
I have my Bristol MA interview tomorrow , I’m nervous!! Wish me luck😥🙏
Freckles5
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Creative writing. Not sure I did a very good interview though!
Brittchen
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Creative writing. Not sure I did a very good interview though!
I'm sure you did better than you think. I didn't notice a typo in my example of an undergrad assignment when I submitted it, and they accepted me for a MA a couple of days ago. It's the whole picture they're interested in, and they will know that you're nervous. As long as you didn't tell them to eff off, it will be fine. Fingers crossed for you.
Freckles5
Rep:
?
No effing and blinding 🤣 . I found a typo on my personal statement 😳. Thanks though, that made me feel less anxious. Congratulations to you! 🥳Which MA? Bristol too?
Brittchen
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No effing and blinding 🤣 . I found a typo on my personal statement 😳. Thanks though, that made me feel less anxious. Congratulations to you! 🥳Which MA? Bristol too?
Thank you! I'm doing English Lit, but the 2-year part-time, as I have to work so I don't starve. My typo was very embarrassing, and was in the introduction (I know, I know). The only thing that got me down from the wall I was climbing, was a post in another forum from a senior lecturer from somewhere, who said that due to the number of applications, they read through them so quickly, they probably wouldn't notice.
Freckles5
Rep:
?
Well either that’s good for me as they didn’t notice or bad because of so many people to compete against 🤪. I just found out from one uni I applied to there’s a less than 1 in 11 chance of getting in on the writing MA aghhhhh. Fingers crossed and maybe see you at Bristol!! 😊
Brittchen
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Well either that’s good for me as they didn’t notice or bad because of so many people to compete against 🤪. I just found out from one uni I applied to there’s a less than 1 in 11 chance of getting in on the writing MA aghhhhh. Fingers crossed and maybe see you at Bristol!! 😊
It is competitive, but take heart from the fact that at least some of those applications will be try-ons, and not be suitable, or rejected because they do not meet the academic requirements. I've heard of applicants with 2:2s having a go, even though the minimum is 2:1. There is never any harm in applying on the off-chance, but if the uni has 2:1s and firsts to choose from, they most probably won't go there unless there are extenuating circumstances. Good luck with it, and maybe see you at Bristol. Let us know how you did. :crossedf:
Last edited by Brittchen; 2 weeks ago
Freckles5
Rep:
?
Aww thanks 😊 . I have the minimum grade requirements and lots of work experience so fingers crossed!! I will let you know for sure xx
Brittchen
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Aww thanks 😊 . I have the minimum grade requirements and lots of work experience so fingers crossed!! I will let you know for sure xx
Well, it all sounds very positive. Can't wait to hear. I heard 6 days after my application was complete (was waiting for tutor and academic references). xx
Freckles5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Brittchen)
Well, it all sounds very positive. Can't wait to hear. I heard 6 days after my application was complete (was waiting for tutor and academic references). xx
I got offered a place ☺️
Brittchen
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I got offered a place ☺️
That's brilliant news. Is Bristol your preferred option? xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (136)
24.64%
Better than expected (121)
21.92%
Worse than expected (295)
53.44%

Watched Threads