I can’t get a degree apprenticeship and I’ve finished college what should indo

Watch
Abbie1311
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I wanted to do something in accounting but the only apprenticeships in my area are level 2 and level 3, GCSE and A Level equivalent.

I wanted to get a degree apprenticeship in accounting but can’t seem to find on what do I do, go to uni?
tmr19
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Abbie1311)
I wanted to do something in accounting but the only apprenticeships in my area are level 2 and level 3, GCSE and A Level equivalent.

I wanted to get a degree apprenticeship in accounting but can’t seem to find on what do I do, go to uni?
Do you live somewhere very rural? From my experience pretty much all large population centres have Big 4 and other regional firm offices (London, Bham, Manc, Newcastle, Edinburgh etc). They'll all offer L4/6/7 apprenticeships in some form.
Abbie1311
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by tmr19)
Do you live somewhere very rural? From my experience pretty much all large population centres have Big 4 and other regional firm offices (London, Bham, Manc, Newcastle, Edinburgh etc). They'll all offer L4/6/7 apprenticeships in some form.
Yeah sort of. The closest city type place to me is newcastle which is about an hour
tmr19
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Abbie1311)
Yeah sort of. The closest city type place to me is newcastle which is about an hour
Would you not consider commuting? If you look at it as a job, which it is, commuting an hour is relatively common.

If that doesn't appeal, I'd just move closer. The salary you make as an apprentice should be enough to move out on in Newcastle - even cheaper if you share with another person.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (207)
38.84%
Take autumn exams (161)
30.21%
Look for a job (19)
3.56%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
4.13%
Take a year out (92)
17.26%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
6%

Watched Threads