The Student Room Group

University admissions

I'm an international student and I've been doing a lot of research into UK universities, and I've noticed that there's a difference between what acceptance rate means in the UK and in the US (I had done some research into US universities as well). So correct me if I'm wrong, offer rate is the number or percentage of offers universities give to candidates, and acceptance rate is the number or percentage of candidates accepting the offer. Whereas, in the US the acceptance rate is the number or percentage of candidates they accept into their universities.
Follow up question concerning UK universities, are the offer rates and acceptance rates written on a lot of websites correct (for example: admission report, student crowd, save the student, acceptance-rates)? And are there credible websites to check a universities offer and acceptance rates?
Your right about the offer rate for UK universities but the acceptance rate for the UK is the same as the US - the difference is that US unis accept you from the application process while for the UK, they only accept you if you meet the grades of the offer they gave you. Not sure if it's on their website but you search or request a FOI (Freedom of Information) on whatdotheyknow.com

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending