Israa.
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
If you get a good A-level result, and meet the upper entry requirements for your bachelors degree, but the required grade of a GCSE subject is not met, will there be any hindrance to my application?
I'm an international student and I'm applying for an undergraduate degree in computer science. Some universities require a grade B at GCSE maths, but I do not meet that requirement, however I'm predicted to get a minimum of grade A in my A-level maths. Will my GCSE grade be excused if I get a high A-level grade in the required subject?
Follow up question, for some of the courses, the GCSE requirements are not mentioned at all. So how much of an impact will my GCSE grades have on my application?
I'm an international student so I've given IGCSE's.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
If you have A level maths at a good grade then the GCSE requirement wont apply.

The GCSE maths requirement is to ensure a good level of basic maths understanding in all entrants. An A level in maths demonstrates that.
Israa.
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by PQ)
If you have A level maths at a good grade then the GCSE requirement wont apply.

The GCSE maths requirement is to ensure a good level of basic maths understanding in all entrants. An A level in maths demonstrates that.
Thank you very much! I feel like I can breathe easy. I know my grade is not the best, but because of that I've worked hard to make sure that my A-level maths grade is high. Thank you for your time. I hope everything goes well at your end.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.21%
I don't have everything I need (140)
41.79%

Watched Threads