what car should i get?

Watch
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by metallic67)
Yes I know that it will be expensive but I want a nice car that will impress girls! I've also got a part time job so I'm still earning money.
This is a lesson that you can either learn yourself - which would be a £9000 lesson.
Or it's a lesson you can learn from other people.

Girls are not impressed by £10000 cars.

It's a myth perpetuated by the marketing men of car companies that a "nice car" will impress girls.

If you get a girlfriend, it would be in spite of you spending £10000 on a car.

There are quite a few parts of the country where £17000 would get you 33% of a starter home.

Having your own home will help you a lot more in pulling women than any car.

Check out the Car Throttle youtube channel. You can get some interesting cars for £1000.

Think about it. To the vast majority of women, you spending £10000 on a nice car to impress her would come over as "try hard". As you being the sort of man that thinks that he can only get girls with show-off type status symbols that he wouldn't have bought if he'd had any sense whatsoever.
A £10000 car for a 20 year old man that's still living with mum and dad screams "Spoilt fool with his money," That's not a good image.
If you were a .com multi millionaire then a £10000 car would be congruent with who you are and your lifestyle.
With you being a 20 year old student that is penniless apart from this one off windfall, it's congruent for you to have a £1000 car.
Just keep the £1000 car clean and running and legal and you'll do fine.

You'd be far better off investing some of the £20000 in yourself, for example in training in how to be successful with women.
Or in investing in an appreciating asset like a house, instead of a depreciating asset like a £10000 car.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by metallic67)
I am 19 years old guy and I've got 20k in savings, mostly from inheritance. I want to spend 10k on a car but I am not sure which one to buy. I particularly like BMW's but I like Audis too. Any recommendations?
The housing market is probably low now to get a property.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by zizaabmissan)
Wierd flex but ok
You're the one that challenged him?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (32)
17.68%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (53)
29.28%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (96)
53.04%

Watched Threads