Does anybody have generalised anxiety disorder?

Watch
Nnahahahah
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Do you use meds for it?
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
propranolol. i'd say 5 times a week.
whatitdobabyeee
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I do. It's hard to live with but I find meds just make it harder so I just use grounding exercises and hope for the best - Tbh I think meds should only be used when you're dealing with serious (not that anxiety isn't serious) mental issues (ie that directly put you or others in danger) the way meds alter your mind can be irreversible and it really can make you feel worse than you were before. Think it through!
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Joleee)
propranolol. i'd say 5 times a week.
Does the propranolol help?
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've been diagnosed with it, but I don't use medication for it because of medical issues. My psychiatrist is too apprehensive about prescribing me pretty much anything because of previous issues and current concerns.
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Co-codamol isn't used for anxiety though?
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Does the propranolol help?
:yep: changed my life. but it only helps with physical symptoms, like racing-heart, light-headedness, sweating.; it doesn't 'cure' the anxiety or makes you feel better in that aspect. i'm personally reluctant to try anti-depressants because i don't believe in their success, but the propranolol you will see immediate results in your physical symptoms.

all that said, i have friends who've said anit-depressants worked for them, so it's worth trying stuff out. have you spoken to your GP?
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ngl that seems pretty careless of that doctor. I hope you don't take it regularly.
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It won't work because it's inappropriate. I'm really very surprised you got prescribed that. I've never heard of anyone being prescribed Cocodamol because of anxiety related chest pain. Anyway, it's addictive. Don't abuse it. It's a pain killer. If you're having trouble with sleep, speak to your GP and get something that is meant to be used to treat insomnia.
Nnahahahah
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
People have said that I shake my legs and am all jittery when I am in front of people. I don’t really notice this. When I’m in front of people everything just becomes ‘one’ and I become de sensitised yo my environment. Has anyone got any similar experiences.
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Nnahahahah)
Do you use meds for it?
i don't have that disorder but i have a lot of ptsd-related anxiety . and yeah i do take meds for it. normally, benzos for any anxiety/sleep issues. sometimes also hypnotics to help me sleep (generally, anxiety fuels insomnia, too). sometimes doctors will prescribe you antidepressants for general anxiety. or even betablockers. are you considering going on meds then?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (154)
38.4%
Take autumn exams (123)
30.67%
Look for a job (14)
3.49%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.24%
Take a year out (68)
16.96%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (25)
6.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed