The Student Room Group

Do You Believe In Love?

Hi,
I just wanted to know whether you believe in love and what are your thoughts on it.

Scroll to see replies

Yes I believe love is real. If you genuinely have that connection with your partner and you can be yourself around them on top of y’all both having so much love for one another then yes!
asking the tough questions... and definitely not answering them at 1am

Spoiler

Reply 3
Yes, love is real. But it isnt what's portrayed in movies.
Hmmm
Original post by Arianamarie
Yes I believe love is real. If you genuinely have that connection with your partner and you can be yourself around them on top of y’all both having so much love for one another then yes!

PRSOM
Completely agree with you too
Reply 6
Original post by Allera
Hmmm

What's with the question? Of course love exists.
yes it's real ofc
Yes. I also believe in the science that suggests it exists too.
Yes it is real... well for most people anyways especially those that have actually experienced it :s-smilie:
Do you think love can bloom from an arranged marriage?
yes its real
Original post by Allera

i suppose if they share similar values etc
Original post by Allera

Yeah it's possible my parents are an example :biggrin:
No, love is toxic and I'm better off alone. This isn't the same for everyone, then again nobody had the experience of being in a relationship with my ex, who left me brokenhearted and bitter.
Not for me :haughty: and I don't want to experience it either
I believe in a thing called love
Original post by Cucümber man
I believe in a thing called love

Just listen to the rhthym of my heart?
Original post by lazerbeem
Just listen to the rhthym of my heart?

There's a chance we can make it now :sly:
Yes.
But there are different types of love and often people conflate sexual lust with romantic love.
Love for a pet animal, love for a child, love for an amazing best friend, love for a wonderful parent/grandparent/relative/mentor.

I know that some arranged marriages are successful, happy and do involve a type of love for a valued spouse who is a great friend/co-parent/housekeeper/provider/head of the family unit.
But I have also seen many unhappy arranged marriages that were only undertaken due to the trickery, exploitation, threats or illegal conduct of third parties.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending