What do you think of people that fly abroad during this time?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I think there putting themselves more at risk of catching covid and better to wait until next year when it's safe. What do you think of people that fly abroad during this time?
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I think there putting themselves more at risk of catching covid and better to wait until next year when it's safe. What do you think of people that fly abroad during this time?
They are fed up and willing to take the risk of at least ending up in qurantine for 2 weeks when they get back or getting caught up in a Corona spike in the holiday country.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Kind of seems like their priorities are a little skewed at the moment :dontknow:
gutenberg
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It depends. 'Flying abroad' is too general.

If you're going on holiday, then yes you should think very carefully about it and maybe wait until things have improved. But what about people going abroad using other means? Eurotunnel for example are offering 'contact-free travel' since you stay in your car, and driving to your destination(if possible) would be very low risk. Is that the same as people flying for holidays?

However, people need to fly for many reasons, not all of them leisure-related. People returning for work, going to visit family abroad, family emergencies like bereavement etc. So I won't engage in blanket judgment of those travelling at the moment since we don't know everyone's circumstances.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by gutenberg)
It depends. 'Flying abroad' is too general.

If you're going on holiday, then yes you should think very carefully about it and maybe wait until things have improved. But what about people going abroad using other means? Eurotunnel for example are offering 'contact-free travel' since you stay in your car, and driving to your destination(if possible) would be very low risk. Is that the same as people flying for holidays?

However, people need to fly for many reasons, not all of them leisure-related. People returning for work, going to visit family abroad, family emergencies like bereavement etc. So I won't engage in blanket judgment of those travelling at the moment since we don't know everyone's circumstances.
This is true, but caution is still needed because getting Corona ain't fun obviously.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I am envious of their ability to fly... I can't even jump up 20cm
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
For recreation? seems bloody stupid.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by mgi)
This is true, but caution is still needed because getting Corona ain't fun obviously.
Many people get corona and don't even realize it. You and your family/whoever you're living with could have had coronavirus, and perhaps you didn't realize it. Even of the small number of people who get it and it affects them enough for them to have symptoms, an even smaller percentage of those actually suffer severely. And those who die are usually those with underlying conditions/ those who would have passed on regardless of corona.
Yes, it's not fun, but it isn't an extremely giant risk or life-threatening to most.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 week ago
I think they need their head examining!
Ratchet Hoe
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Very messy.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ecolier)
I am envious of their ability to fly... I can't even jump up 20cm
Maybe you are not aerodynamic!
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by mgi)
Maybe you are not aerodynamic!
Rude

josie71202
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
it depends where to
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ecolier)
Rude

You may not have " a lightweight skeleton made of mostly thin and hollow bones. The keel-shaped sternum (breastbone) is where the powerful flight muscles attach to the body. ... " And you may not have powerful enough breast muscles? Just wondering? lol.
Anonymous #5
Report 1 week ago
I think they need their head examining!
Or picture I a situation where somebody had booked a holiday and isn’t too keen on going but if they don’t and they cancel it they lose about £2000+ . I don’t really agree with spontaneous bookings atm but my holiday couldn’t be cancelled as I tried so many ways to before I had to head out to avoid wasting a lot of money
FRS500
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've seen a couple of mates go on holiday and I'm in two minds tbh.

Like yeah I get it. We want some normality in life.

But it's really not the time rn. At the end of the day it's their call tbf
Anonymous #4
Report 1 week ago
Or picture I a situation where somebody had booked a holiday and isn’t too keen on going but if they don’t and they cancel it they lose about £2000+ . I don’t really agree with spontaneous bookings atm but my holiday couldn’t be cancelled as I tried so many ways to before I had to head out to avoid wasting a lot of money
I would rather lose £2000+ money than lose my life or put anyone else in jeopardy.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
actually you have a legal right to cancel a holiday without losing money- unless its last minute or that Corona had nothing to do with it. The hoiday provider and airline cannot legally just keep your money.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by mgi)
They are fed up and willing to take the risk of at least ending up in qurantine for 2 weeks when they get back or getting caught up in a Corona spike in the holiday country.
Those going abroad for non essential reasons are completely lacking common sense.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Those going abroad for non essential reasons are completely lacking common sense.
or as in some cases, they don't care!? look at the number of people still ignoring the rules about wearing masks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (142)
37.08%
Take autumn exams (121)
31.59%
Look for a job (12)
3.13%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.44%
Take a year out (67)
17.49%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (24)
6.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise