honeybuns2k5
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
anything I should do over the holidays? study my weak subjects mabye? I'm also worried about my options. I chose triple sciences geography and business studies, are they useful in the world of business or should I change any of them?? I think that they're all good but is triple science useless considering that I'm doing double anyway? but french would be too hard, and not sure that hospitality is a good idea ? thoughts.
macy_m
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think revise a bit but don’t overdo it, you still have time.
For GCSEs it doesn’t matter which you pick, they won’t affect your career path, so pick the ones you’ll enjoy the most !
The only thing that certain GCSE subjects may do is give you a slight advantage at a level, as you’ll know the basics, eg if you’re going to pick business a level, business gcse will give you a foundation, however, it won’t do much else as other pupils will be coming in with no knowledge and topics will have to be ‘taught’ front the beginning
Last edited by macy_m; 1 week ago
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i did triple science, geography and business at gcse also :yep: i enjoyed the subjects and didn't find my optional ones too hard. you're doing triple science and double?:confused: i thought you could only do one or the other but perhaps i'm mistaken.
enjoy this summer as you'll have to do a lot of work in the summer between year 10 and 11! do a little bit of revision if you wish but don't stress.
honeybuns2k5
Rep:
?
(Original post by absolutelysprout)
i did triple science, geography and business at gcse also :yep: i enjoyed the subjects and didn't find my optional ones too hard. you're doing triple science and double?:confused: i thought you could only do one or the other but perhaps i'm mistaken.
enjoy this summer as you'll have to do a lot of work in the summer between year 10 and 11! do a little bit of revision if you wish but don't stress.
no I mean, we have to do double anyway. or u do triple. and okay thanks
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by honeybuns2k5)
no I mean, we have to do double anyway. or u do triple. and okay thanks
well if you think you're capable of doing triple then pick that :yes:
no worries
honeybuns2k5
Rep:
?
(Original post by absolutelysprout)
well if you think you're capable of doing triple then pick that :yes:
no worries
I did, and I am. thanks. I think I just have last minute nerves (I actually cried in front of my ICT teacher- oops, and I didn't even choose it in the end ahaha)
D_Oberst
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'd recommend doing triple. There's really not that much more to do in comparison to double (it's just extra content per subject), and you get an extra GCSE out of it.
In my opinion you don't need GCSE business at all. Even A-level business does not require a GCSE in business. It's also considered a bit of a "soft" subject, if you want to talk about subject value.
In terms of advice, ask your school what exam boards you're using for each subject and if possible get the revision guides (CGP usually the best option) for them. Use this to get a bit of a head start and get into the habit of studying.
You may also find videos on YouTube, such as those from PrimroseKitten and FreeScienceLessons (for science), MrBruff (for English) and MathsGenie to be useful preparation.
Having said that, you're only in year 10 so please don't overexert yourself!
Take care
Geraldthegoat
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No honestly just enjoy the time doing what u what; u don’t need to revise u can literally write revision cards for the entire paper 1 within a day or two for each subject. U have plenty of time towards the end of each year to study towards year 11 we finished everything early so we had 3 months spare to revise at school. For some subjects even mocks I didn’t revise and I got 7-9s and my friends did the same.
ShadowKing132
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by honeybuns2k5)
anything I should do over the holidays? study my weak subjects mabye? I'm also worried about my options. I chose triple sciences geography and business studies, are they useful in the world of business or should I change any of them?? I think that they're all good but is triple science useless considering that I'm doing double anyway? but french would be too hard, and not sure that hospitality is a good idea ? thoughts.
If you need any help, just ask- i am predicted all 9s
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (130)
37.25%
Take autumn exams (107)
30.66%
Look for a job (11)
3.15%
Consider an apprenticeship (13)
3.72%
Take a year out (66)
18.91%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (22)
6.3%

Watched Threads