jammypop101
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
hey okay so i am really stuck between doing economics and university or optometry. i always thought before that optom was good for me- i even went to my cousins uni and stayed with her and she snuck me in her lecture so i could get a taster and i enjoyed it! the only thing is is that its not very fl;flexible in terms of different jobs but its very secure. i am more sciencey too but i recently looked into economics (which i have no knowledge about and i study a level bio, maths and psychology) but i thought its really interesting and actually wanted to research more into the modules etc and spoke to some family members about it too and one of them said shes done it too and she found it hard to get a job and she comes home everyday quite stressed and angry. i really like Coventry uni and really wanna go there to study because with economics, they offer a placement year, bloomberg certificate, add+vantage modules and overall (even from the virtual open day) i really think i'll like it at cov but they do not offer optom i believe uni plays a big part in whether you like your degree or not so im in a bit of a sticky one (stylllll). please advise me
jammypop101
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by jammypop101)
hey okay so i am really stuck between doing economics and university or optometry. i always thought before that optom was good for me- i even went to my cousins uni and stayed with her and she snuck me in her lecture so i could get a taster and i enjoyed it! the only thing is is that its not very fl;flexible in terms of different jobs but its very secure. i am more sciencey too but i recently looked into economics (which i have no knowledge about and i study a level bio, maths and psychology) but i thought its really interesting and actually wanted to research more into the modules etc and spoke to some family members about it too and one of them said shes done it too and she found it hard to get a job and she comes home everyday quite stressed and angry. i really like Coventry uni and really wanna go there to study because with economics, they offer a placement year, bloomberg certificate, add+vantage modules and overall (even from the virtual open day) i really think i'll like it at cov but they do not offer optom i believe uni plays a big part in whether you like your degree or not so im in a bit of a sticky one (stylllll). please advise me
oops i meant economics AT uni lol
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by jammypop101)
Hi jammypop101,

I feel you and definitely agree that University and a place where you study makes such a massive difference to your uni experience! Have you been to Coventry / Coventry University before? I am really happy to hear (or read!) you enjoyed our virtual open day!

In terms of studying Economics at Coventry University, I think the course is very well-structured and offers you amazing opportunities both during the uni and career-wise! We have a designated employability tutor and placement tutor who helps you with a career planning and job applications. They are honestly doing an amazing job! For instance, I was doing a placement at Volvo Group UK who is one of our partners. Our Economics alumni are working at HM Treasury, Lloyds Bank, Barclays, and even the European Commission.

Regarding the paths to follow (secures / less secure), ultimately it is your call and your decision to make. Speaking from my experience, my parents wanted me to become a doctor but I was really interested in History and ultimately ended up in Law! I think making up my mind and following the route I was afraid of (not that many jobs for humanities graduates / competitive market) but also excited about made me responsible for my learning journey and I was putting more effort into my studies! So if you are interested in Economics and you are ready to work hard to fight for your dreams, then why not?

I hope you find it helpful! Please let me know if you have any other questions and I wish you luck!

Kind regards,

Monika
Coventry Campus
LLB International Law
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (7)
4.49%
Confident (14)
8.97%
Indifferent (16)
10.26%
Unsure (38)
24.36%
Worried (81)
51.92%

Watched Threads