Forms for fees - not taking student loan Watch

sugar_cane
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I was wondering if there were any additional forms which would have to be filled in, as I'm not taking a student loan this year and am paying my fees myself. If there are any extra forms, does anyone know where I can get hold of them ASAP? This is for both accom and tuition fees. If it makes any difference, I'm going to Merton college.

henryt
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Nesh, have you contacted Clifford Webb? He'll know what to do. Just email him - he doesn't bite. He was very understanding when my forms were super late.
thomasjtl
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
if you're international you'll just get a bill for everything when you get there. If you're a home student (ie. you're expecting to pay £3000ish in fees, not £15K) you still need to apply to your LEA for funding, even if you're not taking out any loans.
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You do realise if you are self-funding (though I can't understand a rational reason for doing so as a UK student) - that you will potentially be eligible for college fees also. This means the £3k tuition + £2k+ college fees.
sugar_cane
Rep:
?
Thanks Henry :hugs:

I will be eligible for college fees if I don't get the PN1 sorted out soon!
thomasjtl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You do realise if you are self-funding (though I can't understand a rational reason for doing so as a UK student) - that you will potentially be eligible for college fees also. This means the £3k tuition + £2k+ college fees.
not just college fees but full (ie. international) tuition fees as well if you don't fill out the form! When you actually see it it's fairly self explanatory what bits to fill out and what not to.
randomness
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sugar_cane)
Thanks Henry :hugs:

I will be eligible for college fees if I don't get the PN1 sorted out soon!
Hey i had the same problem as i wasnt going to take out a loan but am still an EU student and therefore would not have to pay college fees. Theoretically youd have to fill in a PN1 form yet practically all they told me to do is show proof of my parents' ability to pay for tuition and a copy of my passport to prove that i was EU and therefore would not have to pay college fees. perhaps your college could suggest the same thing to you if you called up the bursar's secretary?
thomasjtl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
no, you need to fill in the form- then they send you a proof of funding document, which says how much you're due to pay in fees.
sugar_cane
Rep:
?
(Original post by thomasjtl)
no, you need to fill in the form- then they send you a proof of funding document, which says how much you're due to pay in fees.
Yup, getting that sorted asap and calling Merton tomorrow :yes:

Thanks!
randomness
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by thomasjtl)
**** i was told that i didnt need to fill it in and I really don't want to find a huge bill consisting of College fees which I shouldn't be paying. I'll fill in the form and send it in then and bring it at the start of term just to be safe.
thomasjtl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
^chill out, it'll be fine. What they'll have meant is they'll be understanding and recognise that you don't have to pay full fees, but you'll still need to fill in the form so that the college actually gets paid.
thomasjtl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
^chill out, it'll be fine. What they'll have meant is they'll be understanding and recognise that you don't have to pay full fees, but you'll still need to fill in the form so that the college actually gets paid.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (203)
27.54%
No (534)
72.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise