advice tips - year 11 - alll things im scared for please in need of advice

Watch
username2005
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
ugh i didnt realise how time went to quick !!!!
i have gcses next year and mocks ( we havent had any in yr 10 at all) and dont feel read at all !!!
thats the most important thing but also
i will have prom which i want to perfect , sounds stressful too tho , i will also need to figure out what to do next - sixthform at my school or somewhere else or collge IDKKKKK !
do i need to do any courses next summer that might give me better chances of good unis and sixthform???? A JOB??? wb driving lessons , when do most ppl begin to learn theory and acc start the lessons?????
i really need someone to help guide me and ease myself into this next year bc it sounds exhausting and idk if im gonna be able to make it through 😞
if anyone can at least give me some advice on any point ive mentioned or anything in general plz i would really really appreciate it 💖
thankyou xx
Nibblet27
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by username2005)
i have gcses next year and mocks ( we havent had any in yr 10 at all) and dont feel read at all !!!
i will have prom which i want to perfect , sounds stressful too tho , i will also need to figure out what to do next - sixthform at my school or somewhere else or collge IDKKKKK !
do i need to do any courses next summer that might give me better chances of good unis and sixthform???? A JOB??? wb driving lessons , when do most ppl begin to learn theory and acc start the lessons?????
i really need someone to help guide me and ease myself into this next year bc it sounds exhausting and idk if im gonna be able to make it through 😞
if anyone can at least give me some advice on any point ive mentioned or anything in general plz i would really really appreciate it 💖
thankyou xx
I don't have any advice but just wanted you to know it's all going to be okay!
Wannabevetnurse
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
1) forget driving lessons and a job rn, cos they arent that important
2) think about what you like, and how it ties in with anysubjects,
3) once youve figured that out, look at work experience to do with what you wanna do
4) then focus on driving lessons and job
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
thankyou xx
Please try not to stress, year 11’s not as bad as you think I promise Not sure what subject you’re wanting to do at uni so can’t really advise on courses. Getting a job can be really beneficial if you can but there will also be plenty of people without so don’t worry if you can’t - a lot of places won’t take you until June of year 11 anyway but at that point maybe you can think about looking for something in a supermarket/cafe/pub. Driving wise, some people start having lessons when they turn 17, some don’t, it’s completely up to you! I didn’t do any theory revision until I’d started lessons but you could start a bit before if you wanted. I will say think about when you’ll want to start lessons a bit in advance (you’ve got ages yet though) just so you can start looking into instructors and apply for your provisional license to make sure you have one by the time you start lessons. Good luck, just take it one step at a time so you don’t get overwhelmed!
username2005
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nibblet27)
I don't have any advice but just wanted you to know it's all going to be okay!
aw thankyou that made me smile and idk a bit more positive ig
username2005
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wannabevetnurse)
1) forget driving lessons and a job rn, cos they arent that important
2) think about what you like, and how it ties in with anysubjects,
3) once youve figured that out, look at work experience to do with what you wanna do
4) then focus on driving lessons and job
i completely agree with 1 tbh i just wanted to kind of plan out my life a bit more and organise it ... i really have no idea what i want to do in life - as a career and its so annoying . i want to do something at sixthform that is quite versatile and suitable for most careers - so when i do figure out what i want i still have the grades needed to do that career in uni - if that makes sense? i just need to figure out subjects which correspond with alot of different carrers
username2005
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Please try not to stress, year 11’s not as bad as you think I promise Not sure what subject you’re wanting to do at uni so can’t really advise on courses. Getting a job can be really beneficial if you can but there will also be plenty of people without so don’t worry if you can’t - a lot of places won’t take you until June of year 11 anyway but at that point maybe you can think about looking for something in a supermarket/cafe/pub. Driving wise, some people start having lessons when they turn 17, some don’t, it’s completely up to you! I didn’t do any theory revision until I’d started lessons but you could start a bit before if you wanted. I will say think about when you’ll want to start lessons a bit in advance (you’ve got ages yet though) just so you can start looking into instructors and apply for your provisional license to make sure you have one by the time you start lessons. Good luck, just take it one step at a time so you don’t get overwhelmed!
your advice makes so much and sense and eases some things out for me so thankyou xx
Wannabevetnurse
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
i completely agree with 1 tbh i just wanted to kind of plan out my life a bit more and organise it ... i really have no idea what i want to do in life - as a career and its so annoying . i want to do something at sixthform that is quite versatile and suitable for most careers - so when i do figure out what i want i still have the grades needed to do that career in uni - if that makes sense? i just need to figure out subjects which correspond with alot of different carrers
what subjects do you like in school?
A lot of uni courses,, use maths, econ, sciences,
some use the humanity subjects
username2005
Rep:
?
what subjects do you like in school?
A lot of uni courses,, use maths, econ, sciences,
some use the humanity subjects
okay so i choose french business and media as options — i enjoy french ( as i speak romanian too ) business i like too , media is a bit meh and i woudnt see myself with a career in it bc im not that creative etc .
i find maths fun ( when ik what to do which is most times ) science no . english is meh and i dont think i would ever do something to do with it . BUT at sixthform im prepared to do the subjects which unis prefer and find most prestigious so i can access a good uni and i think by then i will have a much better vision of what i want to do
Wannabevetnurse
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
the univeristy you go to doesnt matter. I know people who went cambridge and worked at tescos but people who went to bournemouth work in top companies.
username2005
Rep:
?
the univeristy you go to doesnt matter. I know people who went cambridge and worked at tescos but people who went to bournemouth work in top companies.
i think it does tho bc if u go to a small uni and i go oxford for example - and we both apply for the same job for this company , wouldn't they rather choose me as i had possibly better learning and ik its the same course etc . Also i think better unis would have better proffesors teachers etc AND have students who acc want to learn because they are there and not just mess around ? but thats my point of view and maybe it will change in a few months years idk
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
Everything will be fine, just don't overthink anything and relax.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (132)
24.26%
Better than expected (120)
22.06%
Worse than expected (292)
53.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise