BlackieChan
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I don’t know if it’s just me but I have been binge watching sixth form videos and I am starting to stress out
Bethbxo
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by BlackieChan)
I don’t know if it’s just me but I have been binge watching sixth form videos and I am starting to stress out
Sixth form isn’t stressful, A levels are. Sixth form follows a similar pattern to school imo; the only real difference is freedom with relation to free periods and your intention to attend or not to attend lessons. It’s more independent than school but it’s not majorly as though you’re on your own. You still have lessons and teachers who you can email and ask for additional support. Your experience may be impacted because of the coronavirus, but it won’t be worlds away from the experience of previous years. Attend lessons, revise for mock exams, keep on track and you’ll be fine.
OCorOOC6337
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I'm currently in Year 12 and did exactly this, but it's not as bad as it probably feels. I know that's easy for me to say now, but it's true. Try and think about the positives - do you have any friends going with you, is it a place that you love, what parts of your course(s) are you looking forward to?

And if that doesn't help at all, then one thing that I loved doing was planning and buying stationery for 6th form! It really helped me feel ready and excited about studying A-levels, so if you like stationery, or even if you're only mildly fussed by it, then try having a look around online, although you needn't buy anything yet.
Once you actually start, you'll settle in quickly and have plenty of access to whatever support you might need. For now, keep in touch with your friends and try and get yourself excited rather than nervous, okay?

Good luck, you'll be fine!
Last edited by OCorOOC6337; 1 year ago
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by BlackieChan)
Hi!

I'm in year 12 going into year 13 and I can assure you, 6th Form life is not that bad. Honestly, I feel like I have a closer relationship with my teachers and friends than I did from Yr7 - Yr11. The only major difference you will see is that you will have to be a bit more independent, utilise your time more effectively without a teacher telling you how to.
Another thing in 6th Form that will be in the talks more is university/apprenticeships and careers, especially the personal statement!

Is there anything you are specifically stressed about that I can help you with? The jump from GCSE to A-Level, making friends or your future plans after 6th Form?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
22.22%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (10)
12.35%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
4.94%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (13)
16.05%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20.99%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
23.46%

Watched Threads