Studysuma
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hey guys so I recently applied to be a content curator at a website called educationist tutoring and you volunteer to either be a tutor or create resources for younger kids who cannot afford tutors in countries like India.
If I did follow through and actually started volunteering here, would it be worthwhile? Would it look good on my personal statement if I wrote I volunteered to make resources for younger kids who couldn’t afford one? Do you guys think the website is trustable? I’m not sure what to do so any advice would be appreciated!
anisha211
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi! I think it would definitely look good on your statement! What course are you applying for if you don't mind me asking? If you tutor the kids in the subject that you are applying for, it would really reflect your passion in the course as it would show that you are doing things outside schoolwork to explore the subject. Go for it!
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Studysuma)
Hey guys so I recently applied to be a content curator at a website called educationist tutoring and you volunteer to either be a tutor or create resources for younger kids who cannot afford tutors in countries like India.
If I did follow through and actually started volunteering here, would it be worthwhile? Would it look good on my personal statement if I wrote I volunteered to make resources for younger kids who couldn’t afford one? Do you guys think the website is trustable? I’m not sure what to do so any advice would be appreciated!
No idea about how reputable it is, but it's not necessary to have any part-time work or volunteering on your PS except for vocational courses (like teaching and healthcare courses)
Studysuma
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by anisha211)
Hi! I think it would definitely look good on your statement! What course are you applying for if you don't mind me asking? If you tutor the kids in the subject that you are applying for, it would really reflect your passion in the course as it would show that you are doing things outside schoolwork to explore the subject. Go for it!
Hey! Thanks for the advice, I’m wanting to study law so there isn’t really a subject for that. The only subjects available are the basic ones such as English, maths and science
anisha211
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Studysuma)
Hey! Thanks for the advice, I’m wanting to study law so there isn’t really a subject for that. The only subjects available are the basic ones such as English, maths and science
Teaching English would be fine!! I think that's a great idea
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (85)
25%
Better than expected (73)
21.47%
Worse than expected (182)
53.53%

Watched Threads