America or Australia?!

Watch
aamy12
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I absolutely love travelling and when I leave school next year I'd love to either go to Australia on a WHV and do IntroTravel's Sydney trip and then travel after, or work in a summer camp in America and travel there after. I really want to do both but I don't have the money and I'm really struggling with what one to choose. I've looked into them both thoroughly and it's just making it harder for me. Has anyone done both? I'd love to hear about your experiences. Thank you
rxyaltyx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
i don't know anything about that sorry, but if i were you i'd choose Australia
TSR Professor
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Choose wherever will make you happy, I'd choose Australia though.
Hellohsjakodsmka
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Australiaaaa
macy_m
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
the Land Down Under
lazerbeem
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Australia 🇦🇺
fijitastic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Australia def
aamy12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I was leaning more towards Australia because I do have family there but it's a lot more expensive when you get there for food, transport, etc. I'll look into it more. Thank you all!
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I have never been neither in America nor Australia, but if it has to be one of those two, it is the latter.
Arthur_Morgan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Aussie land cos their accent is f'n dope
kingofiqtests
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
australia
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Australia
kristopher560
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by rxyaltyx)
i don't know anything about that sorry, but if i were you i'd choose Australia
Nice one I was also thinking about to suggest Australia.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’ve been to America twice now. Once at thirteen years old and the last time was in 2019. I recommend using trip advisor to narrow down your travel options and post a question on the forums there. You may want to start preparing now in case because this lockdown won't last long. A shortlist of places is a great idea too.
dylgeo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Isn’t the latter option an elaborate hoax anyway? 😏
IanDangerously
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
America for me.

I’ve never been to Australia but I’ve never really fancied it either. It’s a far longer journey than I’ll ever manage. I’m bad enough with 7 hours on the plane to New York!
cc2804
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Lived in Australia for 2 years on WHV - best decision i ever made!
aamy12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by cc2804)
Lived in Australia for 2 years on WHV - best decision i ever made!
Ah amazing! Have you just been picking up jobs and traveling or are you staying in one area?
cc2804
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by aamy12)
Ah amazing! Have you just been picking up jobs and traveling or are you staying in one area?
Im home now, been home since 2018. but yeah basically, flew into brisbane and done a bit of travelling, hired a campervan and drove to Sydney. stayed in Sydney for 6 months, really easy to find a job there i had mine within the first day of looking! then i left to go do my farmwork to extend my visa. stayed there for 6 months. then i went to Asia for 2 months. then went back to start my second year and lived in Melbourne for 6 months, again found work within about 2 or so weeks then decided to go back to where i did farm work because the money was so good. was able to come home with about 5k english so i didnt have to worry about work or that. if you want any advice or info, give me a private message if you can on here? ill be more than happy to help. Australia is honestly life changing.
aamy12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by cc2804)
Im home now, been home since 2018. but yeah basically, flew into brisbane and done a bit of travelling, hired a campervan and drove to Sydney. stayed in Sydney for 6 months, really easy to find a job there i had mine within the first day of looking! then i left to go do my farmwork to extend my visa. stayed there for 6 months. then i went to Asia for 2 months. then went back to start my second year and lived in Melbourne for 6 months, again found work within about 2 or so weeks then decided to go back to where i did farm work because the money was so good. was able to come home with about 5k english so i didnt have to worry about work or that. if you want any advice or info, give me a private message if you can on here? ill be more than happy to help. Australia is honestly life changing.
Wow, thank you so much - it sounds incredible. I'm going to look into it a bit more and about uni, etc. as from what you're saying it could definitely turn out to be more than a summer trip
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (70)
27.24%
No - I have already returned home (28)
10.89%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (54)
21.01%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (28)
10.89%
No - I live at home during term anyway (77)
29.96%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed