Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
any advice you want to tell me that'll help me in the future?
a mistake you made and regret?

I would like to have opinions from people who are the same age as me or older than me x
Thanks, guys
xxx
Advertisement
anisha211
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi!! This is gonna sound so cliche and common but DO NOT go after people who do not care about you. Fake friends are the worst. A small group of real friends is so much better than like 20 fake ones. When I was 14, I had around 16/17 friends and wowwww they were such *****es (excuse me). I have a tight knit group of 4 now and everything is so much better
star_56137
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m only a year older than year so don’t know how much help I’ll be, but LIMIT YOUR SCREEN TIME! When I was 14 I’d be averaging 9+ hrs a day (even on school days) and I procrastinated everything because I’d kidded myself into believing that I’d prefer to watch unhelpful YouTube videos and scroll through Instagram aimlessly. Now with the help of setting phone downtime, app limits and locking my phone in a draw overnight I’ve gotten it down to 2 1/2 hours a day. Still not brilliant, but I’m getting there and the positive effects it’s had on me are already visible. I’m just a generally happier person, spending more real-life time with family and friends and getting on with revision and schoolwork. It sounds like a weird piece of advice, but if you can cut your screen time you’ll definitely be thanking yourself in the future
Advertisement
Physicsqueen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Stay true to who you are, don’t change to please other people.
cloud_9_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
dont like the same person your bestfriend likes
Advertisement
chwedl
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
take opportunities when you can, even if it's out of your comfort zone because you'll most likely regret it later if you don't
Last edited by chwedl; 1 week ago
honeybuns2k5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

I would like to have opinions from people who are the same age as me or older than me x
Thanks, guys
xxx
don't have underage sex, not my experience but I've seen people do it. you can get pregnant, and STDs, and it just looks so trashy. just wait until you're 16 at least
Advertisement
rxyaltyx
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
don't trust everyone. even if you think they're your best friend, don't tell them your secrets and stuff
Anonymous #1
(Original post by anisha211)
Hi!! This is gonna sound so cliche and common but DO NOT go after people who do not care about you. Fake friends are the worst. A small group of real friends is so much better than like 20 fake ones. When I was 14, I had around 16/17 friends and wowwww they were such *****es (excuse me). I have a tight knit group of 4 now and everything is so much better
I have friends now, about 6 of them. They think I'm their BFF. But the thing is, they NEVER talk to me AT ALL. I haven't spoken to me in AGES and i feel like they almost don't care about me.
AND I asked my friends for English help the other day and they all made up excuses. I found someone on TSR to help me and she's so kind!
I really do feel like they aren't my best friends but at the same time, if I stop hanging around with them, I'll have no BFF
I actually have no idea what to do
My friends can't even take a joke and arent helpful AT ALL. :cry:

I want friends who talk to me all the time and are always there for me! my friends sometimes don't read my messages or leave me on read
what do I do!! ??
Advertisement
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, enjoy your childhood whilst you still have the time. Don't fall in love at such a young age and no matter what you do, never fall victim to alcohol.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by star_56137)
I’m only a year older than year so don’t know how much help I’ll be, but LIMIT YOUR SCREEN TIME! When I was 14 I’d be averaging 9+ hrs a day (even on school days) and I procrastinated everything because I’d kidded myself into believing that I’d prefer to watch unhelpful YouTube videos and scroll through Instagram aimlessly. Now with the help of setting phone downtime, app limits and locking my phone in a draw overnight I’ve gotten it down to 2 1/2 hours a day. Still not brilliant, but I’m getting there and the positive effects it’s had on me are already visible. I’m just a generally happier person, spending more real-life time with family and friends and getting on with revision and schoolwork. It sounds like a weird piece of advice, but if you can cut your screen time you’ll definitely be thanking yourself in the future
great advice!
thank you xx
Advertisement
honeybuns2k5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have friends now, about 6 of them. They think I'm their BFF. But the thing is, they NEVER talk to me AT ALL. I haven't spoken to me in AGES and i feel like they almost don't care about me.
AND I asked my friends for English help the other day and they all made up excuses. I found someone on TSR to help me and she's so kind!
I really do feel like they aren't my best friends but at the same time, if I stop hanging around with them, I'll have no BFF
I actually have no idea what to do
My friends can't even take a joke and arent helpful AT ALL. :cry:

I want friends who talk to me all the time and are always there for me! my friends sometimes don't read my messages or leave me on read
what do I do!! ??
I had no friends for a year. still don't tbh. I would eat in the rain and come in class soaking wet. nobody asked what happened, or if I was ok. nobody hung out with me. they're all monsters. yourself is the only friend you can ever trust and keep.
Dododododo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Thanks, guys
xxx
I'm 14, I'd just say remember to appreciate your family and teachers, some of them will help you so much. Don't stress over friendships because from my experience, they're a bit stupid and you'll be able to deal with whatever comes your way with or without them. Be there for your friends though, lots of my friends don't seem to be having good times and they're not really supporting each other, so if you feel you are mature enough, go ahead and be that person for them. Don't overshare, something I'm working on really hard, but don't bottle up and use school facilities if you go to school, use every resource you have out there to help you with whatever you might need help in.
Good luck and we're in this together lmao
Advertisement
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Use your common sense.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by honeybuns2k5)
I had no friends for a year. still don't tbh. I would eat in the rain and come in class soaking wet. nobody asked what happened, or if I was ok. nobody hung out with me. they're all monsters. yourself is the only friend you can ever trust and keep.
i'm sorry, i hope you are okay.:dong:
you know the friend groups in movies and aesthetics... that's the type of friend group i want
DrivingTestSoon
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
1. If you want to go to Oxbridge, start doing extra reading for your subject now, don't worry about not having enough time for your GCSE revision (there'll be plenty of time + GCSEs are really easy), just do reading little and often. Don't be like me and cram read the summer before applying.

2. Don't not pick an A level because you think it's too hard, nothing's too hard, everything gets easier at A level as the ideas come together in your mind.

3. University is disappointing, enjoy school while you can. Although that's just my experience, yours may differ.

4. Learn to drive the moment you turn 17

5. You can open a junior ISA at 16 (I never knew this) so you can invest in the stock market in 2 years with your birthday money
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Dododododo)
I'm 14, I'd just say remember to appreciate your family and teachers, some of them will help you so much. Don't stress over friendships because from my experience, they're a bit stupid and you'll be able to deal with whatever comes your way with or without them. Be there for your friends though, lots of my friends don't seem to be having good times and they're not really supporting each other, so if you feel you are mature enough, go ahead and be that person for them. Don't overshare, something I'm working on really hard, but don't bottle up and use school facilities if you go to school, use every resource you have out there to help you with whatever you might need help in.
Good luck and we're in this together lmao
thanks bro ! this was great advice <3
and yes, we are in this together xx
Advertisement
honeybuns2k5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i'm sorry, i hope you are okay.:dong:
you know the friend groups in movies and aesthetics... that's the type of friend group i want
thanks, I'm still not tbh. I got groomed so much and I had nobody to tell me it was wrong. I'm terrified of males now. and girls give me trauma too. I can't trust anyone. I just want a real friend thanks though that means a lot. and me too but more than a friend. I just want someone to love me. I'm almost 15 and never had a boyfriend. I'm in no rush. but I think it's time for me to start dating, but I'm not sure what my parents will think of me dating at 15. plus I don't even have friends. what makes me think I can get a bf lol. it just sucks. nobody is like me ( 💕
Anonymous #1
(Original post by DrivingTestSoon)
1. If you want to go to Oxbridge, start doing extra reading for your subject now, don't worry about not having enough time for your GCSE revision (there'll be plenty of time + GCSEs are really easy), just do reading little and often. Don't be like me and cram read the summer before applying.

2. Don't not pick an A level because you think it's too hard, nothing's too hard, everything gets easier at A level as the ideas come together in your mind.

3. University is disappointing, enjoy school while you can. Although that's just my experience, yours may differ.

4. Learn to drive the moment you turn 17

5. You can open a junior ISA at 16 (I never knew this) so you can invest in the stock market in 2 years with your birthday money
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WANT TO GO TO OXBRIDGE LMAOOO xxx
markova21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There's actually a lovely book you can buy called Dear Me: A Letter to My Sixteen Year Old Self. Many famous people contribute their own words of advice they would give themselves; from Jonathan Ross, to Elton John and Peter Kay. I have a copy myself and it's both a lovely book for oneself and to give to someone as a gift. There are cheap copies available on Amazon.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (142)
37.08%
Take autumn exams (121)
31.59%
Look for a job (12)
3.13%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.44%
Take a year out (67)
17.49%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (24)
6.27%

Watched Threads