Will my conditional offer be decided on as soon as results come out?

Watch
zachod72
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
#1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
#1
I have a conditional offer from Stirling that requires me to get ABB in 3 subjects. With predicted grades I'm expecting not to get those grades as I got C's in my 4 Higher prelims in S6. I know they could still let me in if I got slightly lower grades but should I just phone Stirling as soon as I get the results if no decision is made on UCAS Track?
0
reply
University of Strathclyde
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
#2
Report 1 week ago
#2
(Original post by zachod72)
I have a conditional offer from Stirling that requires me to get ABB in 3 subjects. With predicted grades I'm expecting not to get those grades as I got C's in my 4 Higher prelims in S6. I know they could still let me in if I got slightly lower grades but should I just phone Stirling as soon as I get the results if no decision is made on UCAS Track?
Hello zachod72 ! You're right in thinking even if you miss your conditions, the university selectors generally can still consider you. It depends on how far off the grades you are but they may still be able to confirm your offer. Every university is different of course and it isn't always a positive outcome... but decisions can be supported by lots of different things- such as your reference or personal statement. I'd say you'll need to be close to your conditions though for it to work in your favour.

Keep an eye on Track and if the decision isn't updated maybe give it an hour or two for it to update, but if you're worried stay in touch with the team at Stirling. They'll be offering some form of support on results day and should be able to help Even if you don't make your conditions, I'm sure they'll be able to give you lots of advice and support on your next moves.

Best of luck to you! Fingers crossed you get good news. :congrats:

-Caitlin
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
1
reply
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
#3
Report 1 week ago
#3
(Original post by zachod72)
I have a conditional offer from Stirling that requires me to get ABB in 3 subjects. With predicted grades I'm expecting not to get those grades as I got C's in my 4 Higher prelims in S6. I know they could still let me in if I got slightly lower grades but should I just phone Stirling as soon as I get the results if no decision is made on UCAS Track?
It's not that common for no decision to be made, but I would phone ASAP, yes. Unis get your results in advance, so nothing is likely to change in the 2/3 hours after track opens. I think unis sometimes put people off calling straight away because it helps stop their phonelines getting flooded, but I really, strongly don't believe this is good advice for applicants.

Ring up, check the uni has everything it needs, and then reiterate how much you love the uni/course. You should then ask when they are likely to make a decision by. Assuming they don't need more info from you, this shouldn't be too long. If they intend to leave you hanging for a long time (e.g. 48 hours plus) then it's worth considering if it would be better to ask them to reject you so you can find a place in clearing. If you decide you want to be rejected, but the uni is slow about it, phone UCAS, as they should be able to speed the uni up.
2
reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Reply
new posts
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (7)
4.58%
Confident (14)
9.15%
Indifferent (16)
10.46%
Unsure (36)
23.53%
Worried (80)
52.29%

Watched Threads

View All