Want more information about this university?
WhoKnows...?
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
In comparison to the 'standard'and 'ensuite' rooms across the university campus how do the 'townhouse' rooms compare? Although they have shared bathrooms, are their individual basins within each room?
Ghostlady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi my daughters starting this year and we went on open day to view the accommodation. (shes chosen townhouse)
https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/virtual-tour/?/journey this is a virtual tour and on the accommodation bit they have a 360 view.

Townhouses have 4 floors. The bottom floor comprises of a toilet, a kitchen with 2 ovens cleaning ironing equip, and a living area with settees. They have a patio door which goes out to the back. On floors 2,3, and 4 they have 4 bedrooms on each floor and 2 bathrooms on each floor. There are no lifts in the townhouse.
They say the townhouses are quite sociable, but it really would depend on the people in there. But you would have 12 students in each house.

We saw Pendle Standard accommodation and there was 2 bathrooms to every 8 students. The kitchen was pretty decent too. in comparison to the townhouse, the standard accommodation is cheaper and you get less of a contract time (townhouses are 43 weeks and more expensive) and Townhouses you have to clean for yourself, where others you get a kitchen/bathroom clean on a weekly basis.

Thee are some you tube videos if you google the colleges and they have accommodation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uecCwvN8neQ Grizedale college with their various accommodation types
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klSvhrcpjvc this one is ensuites,
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by WhoKnows...?)
In comparison to the 'standard'and 'ensuite' rooms across the university campus how do the 'townhouse' rooms compare? Although they have shared bathrooms, are their individual basins within each room?
Hello WhoKnows...?,
Last year I helped to make a video where we show these rooms on campus. There's a video about ensuite, standard and townhouse accommodation. I'd recommend checking this out to see some of the main differences.
In townhouses, two people share a bathroom, and unlike standard, it's the same two people who share and clean the bathroom. Whereas in standard, anyone uses any bathroom, and often it's cleaned by a cleaner. Townhouses the only accommodation with no cleaner I believe. Townhouses also have an extra bathroom on the ground floor (there's no bedrooms on the ground floor). In total there's 12 people in a townhouse, 4 on each floor.
In terms of the actual rooms, they're all very similar, and the lack of ensuite means you have slightly more space. There's no sink in townhouse rooms, but the bathroom is in general a lot closer than in a standard.
Hope this is useful, and let me know if you have anymore questions or anything I can help you with.
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
WhoKnows...?
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hello WhoKnows...?,
Last year I helped to make a video where we show these rooms on campus. There's a video about ensuite, standard and townhouse accommodation. I'd recommend checking this out to see some of the main differences.
In townhouses, two people share a bathroom, and unlike standard, it's the same two people who share and clean the bathroom. Whereas in standard, anyone uses any bathroom, and often it's cleaned by a cleaner. Townhouses the only accommodation with no cleaner I believe. Townhouses also have an extra bathroom on the ground floor (there's no bedrooms on the ground floor). In total there's 12 people in a townhouse, 4 on each floor.
In terms of the actual rooms, they're all very similar, and the lack of ensuite means you have slightly more space. There's no sink in townhouse rooms, but the bathroom is in general a lot closer than in a standard.
Hope this is useful, and let me know if you have anymore questions or anything I can help you with.
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Thanks, that’s really useful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (142)
36.98%
Take autumn exams (121)
31.51%
Look for a job (13)
3.39%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.43%
Take a year out (67)
17.45%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (24)
6.25%

Watched Threads