talldrink
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi! just wanting to know if any international students have received their CAS letter? I have fulfilled all conditions about 2 weeks ago and im still yet to receive it. Is this normal? Im starting to get a bit worried as im not sure my visa will be ready on time
University of Strathclyde
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by talldrink)
Hi! just wanting to know if any international students have received their CAS letter? I have fulfilled all conditions about 2 weeks ago and im still yet to receive it. Is this normal? Im starting to get a bit worried as im not sure my visa will be ready on time
Hey talldrink

I'm sure if any other international applicants have anything to add they'll drop you a note here! If you're worried though, please pop our International team an email at [email protected] and hopefully my colleagues will be able to help.

Very exciting that you're able to start organising your plans for coming over! Where are you joining us from? And which course are you going to be starting? :dance:

We can't wait to welcome you on campus!

-Caitlin
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
talldrink
Rep:
?
(Original post by University of Strathclyde)
Hey talldrink

I'm sure if any other international applicants have anything to add they'll drop you a note here! If you're worried though, please pop our International team an email at [email protected] and hopefully my colleagues will be able to help.

Very exciting that you're able to start organising your plans for coming over! Where are you joining us from? And which course are you going to be starting? :dance:

We can't wait to welcome you on campus!

-Caitlin
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Hi! so nice of you to reply Im coming from Canada and will be doing an MSc in artificial intelligence, im also super excited
Hollberton
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm from Canada as well, but i'm taking my MSc in Project Management and Innovation. While I am already living here and I applied back in December, I've yet to receive mine either. The only difference is that my status in the application portal has been upgraded to student record created. I have a feeling it is a bit delayed at the moment.
Last edited by Hollberton; 1 week ago
owais1232
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi
Same here, did so 3 weeks ago. No CAS yet : (
talldrink
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hollberton)
I'm from Canada as well, but i'm taking my MSc in Project Management and Innovation. While I am already living here and I applied back in December, I've yet to receive mine either. The only difference is that my status in the application portal has been upgraded to student record created. I have a feeling it is a bit delayed at the moment.
that sounds like a super interesting course! Im crossing my fingers we get our CAS soon, at the moment there are basically no biometrics appointment available in all the Canadian visa offices till mid September adding on to the stress because after the biometrics appointment processing takes about 3-4 weeks. I'm hoping at least that isn't the case in for you as well in Glasgow
talldrink
Rep:
?
(Original post by owais1232)
Hi
Same here, did so 3 weeks ago. No CAS yet : (
its super frustrating but I can understand things are all over the place with Covid. where are you applying from?
owais1232
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
its super frustrating but I can understand things are all over the place with Covid. where are you applying from?
yeah there's that..
I'm from Pakistan
Hollberton
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
that sounds like a super interesting course! Im crossing my fingers we get our CAS soon, at the moment there are basically no biometrics appointment available in all the Canadian visa offices till mid September adding on to the stress because after the biometrics appointment processing takes about 3-4 weeks. I'm hoping at least that isn't the case in for you as well in Glasgow
The university from their faq sections is fairly aware like all universities are at the moment revolving around the restrictions with travel and visa's. For the most part the uni's plan plays well into everyone primarily taking online learning for the first month or two (4-6 weeks if I recall). It's a two for one logistically, students can get their visa's eventually and we can all stay away from each other. This will bring us to around November when things will start to merge into mixed-ish learning. The downside to all of this is whether or not we are attending live streams or pre-recorded classes as the time zones are going to be a struggle. Strathclyde has students from all around the world and I'm sure attending a scheduled class at 1 am may be very inconvenient for most. So far though I am a fan of the way Strathclyde is handling re-entry. its a crawl - walk - run approach, where they can alter or extend time lines if needed. This opposes other universities that i've had offers from where they have either cancelled classes and moved things forward, or gone into mixed learning, or just kept online until further notice. Strathclyde seems to be taking things cautiously while having backup plans.
owais1232
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Hi

Got mine today. Hope yours will come through soon!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (39)
23.64%
Better than expected (38)
23.03%
Worse than expected (88)
53.33%

Watched Threads