Newcastle Takeover Off!

Watch
IanDangerously
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
The Saudi consortium that were looking to spend £300 buying a wee club in the Northeast have backed out over all the hassle that came with it. Newcastle did profit from a £17m non-refundable deposit so I suppose it’s not all bad news for them.

It appears Mbappé will now remain at PSG this summer as Mike Ashley and his band of experts shift their summer approach to bringing more Championship-level dross in to play at the Sports Direct Arena next season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/53598846
Advertisement
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You have to feel for Newcastle fans.. just as they thought their nightmare would be over.

Premier League, who held up the deal, must be pleased that they don't have to make a decision now - there would have been criticism either way.
Tracey1995
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
They been doomed from day one with this deal and don't help with people interfering as well about that they were connected to a British person death .

I didn't think it was going to get passed but premier league will be happier now I think ,

And Mike Ashley don't help them either as wanting to much for the club as he wants rid of it but better dropping price .
Advertisement
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Newcastle made a good decision to prevent the takeover by Saudi-Arabians. The fact that some Arabian billionairs invest a lot of money in a team does not guarantee that everything is change for good, see Bolton Wanderers.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 minute ago
The whole sad thing about the takeover of Newcastle United, which will happen at some point to someone, is that Mike Ashley will make money. Probably second only to Philip Green as a businessman who is just unpleasant and nasty.
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (96)
25.4%
Better than expected (77)
20.37%
Worse than expected (205)
54.23%

Watched Threads