Raja12
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
hey guys,

I want to take Level 3 Certificate Core Maths in October and called AQA about it. However, they said that I cant take them if I wasn't enrolled in the summer exams. I have emails stating how I was looking for exam centres in December and emails to exam boards, asking for the exam centres where I can take them. Is this sufficient proof that I was going to take these exams in Summer? Let me know any advice
bluebeetle
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
From what AQA have responded to you, it seems like you needed to actually be enrolled in the summer exams, which you were not.

I'm not sure if it's also the case for Level 3 qualifications that aren't A-levels, but for A-levels, the enrolment deadline tends to be around mid-February (if I'm remembering correctly). Therefore, it seems if you were going to take the exams, you ought to have been enrolled even before COVID got in the way.
Raja12
Rep:
?
(Original post by bluebeetle)
From what AQA have responded to you, it seems like you needed to actually be enrolled in the summer exams, which you were not.

I'm not sure if it's also the case for Level 3 qualifications that aren't A-levels, but for A-levels, the enrolment deadline tends to be around mid-February (if I'm remembering correctly). Therefore, it seems if you were going to take the exams, you ought to have been enrolled even before COVID got in the way.
thanks for your reply. All aqa said was that I needed to be taking the summer exams and I didn't really ask about my evidence which I can give them, as I found the emails later on. I contacted a private exam centre, which said that they can send the email evidence to the exam board and it might be approved.
Anonymous17!
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m not sure if you received this since I’m assuming you’re a private candidate, but a pdf of ofquals advice was forwarded to everyone in my college a while ago, maybe 4-6 weeks or even more. It said that they made the decision for the autumn series to be available only to those who were entered for summer exams OR who can provide enough compelling evidence to show their intention of taking the exams. I believe the second statement is for the benefit of private candidates. So I would say get the email proof, send it to aqa, and see if that is enough to prove your intention of taking the exams this summer.

Name:  FB6438FC-CC3D-442C-8EAF-2B917FB9C2E1.jpeg
Views: 11
Size:  274.3 KB
Raja12
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous17!)
I’m not sure if you received this since I’m assuming you’re a private candidate, but a pdf of ofquals advice was forwarded to everyone in my college a while ago, maybe 4-6 weeks or even more. It said that they made the decision for the autumn series to be available only to those who were entered for summer exams OR who can provide enough compelling evidence to show their intention of taking the exams. I believe the second statement is for the benefit of private candidates. So I would say get the email proof, send it to aqa, and see if that is enough to prove your intention of taking the exams this summer.

Name:  FB6438FC-CC3D-442C-8EAF-2B917FB9C2E1.jpeg
Views: 11
Size:  274.3 KB
thank you so much
Anonymous17!
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Raja12)
thank you so much
Since aqa didn’t ask for your evidence, I would guess that’s misunderstanding on their part. That, or they just don’t want the complications of your case. Either way, it’s your education and future at stake so try and gather as much proof as you can, and hopefully they will accept it. Good luck
Raja12
Rep:
?
Since aqa didn’t ask for your evidence, I would guess that’s misunderstanding on their part. That, or they just don’t want the complications of your case. Either way, it’s your education and future at stake so try and gather as much proof as you can, and hopefully they will accept it. Good luck
yep it is! I don't want to do core maths in summer of 2021, as I will have a lot of pressure already from my biology, chemistry and geography a-levels. hopefully, they allow it
Anonymous17!
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
yep it is! I don't want to do core maths in summer of 2021, as I will have a lot of pressure already from my biology, chemistry and geography a-levels. hopefully, they allow it
Chemistry and biology? Eek. That is a lot of pressure. I dropped a-level biology jsut because of the sheer amount of content alongside chemistry. I wish you the best and remember, even if they say no, you can always take it next summer you’ll find a way to do it
Raja12
Rep:
?
Chemistry and biology? Eek. That is a lot of pressure. I dropped a-level biology jsut because of the sheer amount of content alongside chemistry. I wish you the best and remember, even if they say no, you can always take it next summer you’ll find a way to do it
omg I just called aqa and they said they will possibly accept this evidence as im a private candidate! wow thats a step closer
Anonymous17!
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
omg I just called aqa and they said they will possibly accept this evidence as im a private candidate! wow thats a step closer
That’s great. I think it just depends on how much evidence now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (142)
37.08%
Take autumn exams (121)
31.59%
Look for a job (12)
3.13%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.44%
Take a year out (67)
17.49%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (24)
6.27%

Watched Threads