Accommodation Panic! Watch

_Jen_
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi all,

Ok, having a slight panic at the moment because i've just had an email from the uni saying they can't put me in halls next year (great they tell me two weeks before term starts!!!). I'm going into my third year this year (long story short, was on the uni halls waiting list cos originally was thinking about taking a year out but decided i couldn't desert the aber bubble for my final year) and could reaaalllyy do with a room so's i don't have to be a resident of aber beach...

So anyone with ANY information could be my lifesaver! does anyone know if any students are searching for a housemate atm?

Thanks
Jenni x
loopylauren
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've got someone giving me a definate decision on whether or not he can move into a room in our house hopefully by Monday (one of our housemates dropped out at the begining of the summer) so I'll keep you updated on whether or not the room becomes available if you like?
_Jen_
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
that would be awesome, thanks!! most people have already found the housemates they need with it being the end of the summer.
tomc87
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Have either of you tried the accomodation office for private accomodation? When groups don't quite fill a house, the landlord often keeps the remaining one or two rooms available on the private list?

You can search online here, but I don't know how well it's updated, and if you search one bed it will just turn up individual flats which are more expensive, so probably best to give the accom. office a ring again tomorrow and see what they say.
BurnOutOrFadeAway
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
try searching on facebook for groups looking for people, i did see some on there at the begining of the summer,
loopylauren
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by _Jen_)
that would be awesome, thanks!! most people have already found the housemates they need with it being the end of the summer.
Hey, my housemate confirmed today so we don't have a spare place sorry. I agree that you should search the Aber accommodation site if you haven't already. Also send an email around to everyone in your dept or something. I got one today (IBERS dept) from someone still looking for a housemate. It might end up instead of you finding one room somewhere that you join up with another person or a couple of people and look for a house together, just another option.

Hope you find somewhere
Liability Bennett
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi, if you are still looking for accommodation email me on [email protected]

I will be going up to Aber to look for accomm. on Monday, and am looking for housemates.

I am female, 26 years old , and about to start an MSc in In International Politics. I'm relatively sensible.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (213)
27.92%
No (550)
72.08%

Watched Threads