Calorie counting / deficits

Watch
Ruby2406
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hi guys, I am just wondering how calorie counting works! Can I eat anything I want to as long as it is in my calories for the day?
Nutritionist
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Yes but at least keep some semblance of balance and health
PhysioHughesy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
In short... yes

In long... not really and it can be complicated. So in order to be all round healthy for long term, it's important the we put the right amounts of each food group (carbs/protein/fat) into our body. You could live in a calorie deficit but all you eat is fat and sugars every day and this isn't great because you miss out on all of the goodness in other foods.
Also, you will find that if you are cutting down on calories but eating only foods in high calories but just in smaller portions then you're likely to feel really hungry! That's why foods like salads and fruits can help to fill you up so you don't get those food cravings without adding a lot of calories to your diet.
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
You can, but you won't be as 'satiated'. Consuming low calorie dense foods is a far better option. Obviously, you can eat the occasional 'junk' food, but for long term sustainability, have moderation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (193)
33.33%
Receiving them online / by email (290)
50.09%
I still don't know (96)
16.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise