The Student Room Group

Have I been rejected from Primark?

So I applied to Primark part time and they sent me an email saying that they wont be processing my application at this time but they will keep my details and let me know when they are next hiring. Is this basically Primark's way of rejecting people or is it because they simply aren't hiring right now. Have they even looked at my application at all? Is it worth applying again? Any advice would be much appreciated thanks.
Original post by Loreto2018
So I applied to Primark part time and they sent me an email saying that they wont be processing my application at this time but they will keep my details and let me know when they are next hiring. Is this basically Primark's way of rejecting people or is it because they simply aren't hiring right now. Have they even looked at my application at all? Is it worth applying again? Any advice would be much appreciated thanks.

Yeah Whenever businesses say they won’t be progressing your application it usually means that you failed, so just keep applying.

Tesco has a lot of vacancies so you might want to check that out (I’m 17 and a lot of them don have an age limit)
Original post by hustlr
Yeah Whenever businesses say they won’t be progressing your application it usually means that you failed, so just keep applying.

Tesco has a lot of vacancies so you might want to check that out (I’m 17 and a lot of them don have an age limit)

I see, but it's strange that they are still keeping my candidate reference number and they are keeping all of my details, so would it even be worth reapplying if they already have everything? I had a look at Tesco but unfortunately there's none in my area or anywhere I could easily travel to.
Original post by Loreto2018
I see, but it's strange that they are still keeping my candidate reference number and they are keeping all of my details, so would it even be worth reapplying if they already have everything? I had a look at Tesco but unfortunately there's none in my area or anywhere I could easily travel to.

Oh It wouldn’t be beneficial to apply for the same role, when I said keep applying I meant to jobs in general, however if your primark does have other types of roles (ones which you haven’t applied to already) then then you could apply to that.

What helped me when I applied I ignored al the job sites and went directly to the company sites to apply so think about popular retailers and grocery stores in your area such as Poundland, John Lewis, asda etc... it’s likely that at least a few of them would have vacancies, good luck to you as well and I know it’s hard looking for a job cus that’s what I’ve been doing for the past few months. Just focus on applying applying applying and you should get there.
:smile:
Original post by hustlr
Oh It wouldn’t be beneficial to apply for the same role, when I said keep applying I meant to jobs in general, however if your primark does have other types of roles (ones which you haven’t applied to already) then then you could apply to that.

What helped me when I applied I ignored al the job sites and went directly to the company sites to apply so think about popular retailers and grocery stores in your area such as Poundland, John Lewis, asda etc... it’s likely that at least a few of them would have vacancies, good luck to you as well and I know it’s hard looking for a job cus that’s what I’ve been doing for the past few months. Just focus on applying applying applying and you should get there.
:smile:

Oh OK got it, thanks for the advice :smile:
Reply 5
It may be that you passed the application but, on this occasion, there were stronger applicants who they will take to interview. You might find that they contact you when they next have a vacancy but no guarantee of course.
Original post by ROC10
It may be that you passed the application but, on this occasion, there were stronger applicants who they will take to interview. You might find that they contact you when they next have a vacancy but no guarantee of course.

Yeah as much as I'd wish for this to be the case, I think the previous poster was correct. I asked a few other people who got rejected and they said that this rejection email is the same for everyone. Oh well😑 thanks for the advice though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending